At the evening sessions, representatives from Student Services, Students' Union and Academic Staff will advise students on what to expect when arriving at NUI Galway, and will answer any questions relating to university life. The topics covered will include Study at University, Accommodation, Finance, Student Support Services, Recreational Opportunities and general advice in relation to the First Year Experience.
The 'Student Send-Offs' will take place at 7pm in the following venues:
· Westmeath, Thursday, 25 August: Radisson SAS Hotel, Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
· Dublin, Friday, 26 August: The Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley, Dublin.
· Donegal, Monday, 29 August: The Abbey Hotel, Donegal Town, Co. Donegal.
· Mayo, Tuesday, 30 August: TF Royal Hotel, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
· Sligo, Wednesday, 31 August: Sligo Southern Hotel, Strandhill Road, Sligo Town.
· Clare, Thursday, 1 September: Temple Gate Hotel, The Square, Ennis, Co. Clare.
· Galway, Monday, 5 September: The Bailey Allen Hall, Áras na Mac Léinn, NUI Galway.
Matt Doran, Administrative Officer with Student Services at NUI Galway, said: “The Student Send-Offs are a great opportunity to get valuable advice in relation to the first year at University. Students and parents always have lots of questions which they have answered at these information evenings.”
For further information on the information evenings or to register in advance please contact Eimear on 086 8585171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other queries contact the NUI Galway First Year Hotline on 091 493999.