New National Initiative for Irish Citizens Launched
Friday, 13 May 2011
We the Citizens is a new, national, independent initiative to show how Ireland could benefit by citizens coming together in new ways of public decision-making. Funded by Atlantic Philanthropies and endorsed by the IUA, the main objective of the new initiative is to renew trust in politics at this time of social and economic crisis in Ireland.
A number of citizen information events will take place throughout Ireland in May and June and these will culminate in a national citizens assembly at the end of June.
- Cork - Wednesday, 18 May at 7pm in the Clarion Hotel, Lapps Quay, Cork City
- Galway - Tuesday, 24 May at 7pm in the Radisson, Lough Atalia Road, Galway
- Blanchardstown - Tuesday, 31 May at 7pm in the Crowne Plaza, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
- Tallaght - Wednesday, 1 June at 7pm in the Maldron Hotel Tallaght, Whitestown Way, Tallaght
- Donegal - Tuesday, 7 June at 7pm in the Radisson, Paddy Harte Road, Letterkennny, Co Donegal
- Athlone - Tuesday, 14 June at 7pm in the Sheraton, Gleeson St, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
Each event will close with a political comedy performance and Gary Cooke and Barry Murphy of Après Match fame are among some of the special guests lined up.
To secure your place, or for further information, visit www.wethecitizens.ie or call 01 6706362.