Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
June 2017 E-Health Research and Innovation Network Launch at NUI Galway
NUI Galway is bringing together key investors for the launch of the ‘E-Health Research and Innovation Network’ today (14 June) as supported by the Irish Research Council. The focus of the event will be to establish and launch a Digital Health Research Network, which will act as a public interface for digital health stakeholders across academia, industry and healthcare.
The purpose of this launch is to bring key digital health stakeholders together to discuss, plan and begin the implementation of a national digital health research network with the aims of:
- Increasing strategic interdisciplinary eHealth Research and Innovation capacity in Ireland.
- Provide a platform for stakeholders to share digital research knowledge and resources
- Establish a collaborative network of interdisciplinary researchers and industry partners.
- To act, as a point of contact between research and industry.
- Act as a database for people to find digital health researchers and industry partners
- Foster links with international collaborators, national stakeholders to further develop the E-Health Research and Innovation Network.
The Centre for Pain Research in the School of Psychology will host a one day Network Launch to discuss the challenges and the possible digital solutions to some of our most pressing health problems. The launch day will be divided into three key segments: Population Health, Research and Innovation and Funding and Sustainability. Each section will include talks from key contributors followed by a panel discussion.
Speaking about the event, Dr Brian Slattery from the School of Psychology at NUI Galway, said: “This is a great opportunity for leading stakeholders in Research, Industry, and Healthcare in the growing Irish e-Health community to come together and establish an active network. The day will be attended by e-Health stakeholders across industry, research, and healthcare, and we have a fantastic line-up of contributors for the event.”
Guest speakers at the E-Health Research and Innovation Network Launch include:
- Dr Stephanie O’Keeffe, National Director of Health and Wellbeing (Health Service Executive)
- Mr Eugene Farrell, Head of Information Services, office of CIO eHealth Ireland (Health Service Executive)
- Dr Clyde Hutchinson, Innovation Lead, E-Health Ireland (Health Service Executive)
- Dr Deirdre Walsh, Insight and School of Health and Human Performance (DCU)
- Dr Gavin Doherty, Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Statistics (TCD), Co-Founder SilverCloud Health
- Dr John Dinsmore, Assistant Professor in Digital Integrated care and health Innovation (TCD)
- Ms Edel Murphy, Development Officer Primary Care Clinical Trials Network (Health Research Board and NUI Galway)