Who Are We?
Welcome to the Centre for Adult Learning and Professional Development
Whether you want to study for your own enjoyment or wish to upskill or reskill for employment, you have come to the right place!
We offer adult learners a wide range of affordable and flexible part-time courses in a variety of subject areas such as the Humanities, Community Education, Social Sciences, Business & Management, Science & Technology and Training & Education.
We offer courses with Certificate, Diploma, Degree, and Master awards. They can range from a short 8-week course in Creative Writing to a Masters in Software Engineering & Database Technologies.
There are a number of flexible ways in which you can study our courses that allow you to study at your own pace and fit your studies around your work and personal life.
Our flexible formats include:
- Classroom-based: campus lectures or workshops
- Online Learning: fully online format
- Blended Learning: combination of classroom-based learning and online/home study
- Modular Learning: studying your course over an extended period, one - two modules at a time
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit: taking standalone modules to enhance your professional skills
Our tutors are experienced educators that have a particular interest in working with adult learners. You will also be able to avail of many support services to enhance your learning experience.
Our helpful team at the Centre will also guide you through your studies and are available to answer any queries you may have.