Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Springboard+ 2020 Courses
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020.
NB: The courses listed below are closed for 2020 however a number of our modules are funded by the Government's Modular Skills Provision initiative to cover 90% to 100% of the fees. Eligibility criteria are the same as for Springboard+ courses. Find out more about our Jobs Stimulus Courses here.
Springboard+ offers a choice of 332 government-funded, part-time and intensive conversion courses in higher education from certificate, to degree, to postgraduate level. See www.springboardcourses.ie for full details.
The following NUI Galway courses have a limited number of government-funded places for Springboard+ applicants in the 2020/21 academic year. Courses are part-time and will be delivered via online learning.
NFQ Level 8:
- Diploma in Change Management
- Diploma in Critical Business Skills
- Diploma in Learning and Development
- Diploma in Software Engineering
- Diploma in Technology Enhanced Learning
- Specialist Diploma in Automation and Control
- Specialist Diploma in Corporate Environmental Planning
- Specialist Diploma in Lean and Quality Systems
- Specialist Diploma in Medical Device Science
NFQ Level 9:
- MSc Ag Innovation
- Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Innovation Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Technology Commercialisation
HCI Pillar 1 Courses
HCI Pillar 1 offers over 90 graduate conversion, full-time courses at level 8 Higher Diploma or level 9 Postgraduate Diploma. Courses offered are in areas of skills shortage and emerging technologies. The following NUI Galway full-time courses have been approved under the HCI Pillar 1 in the 2020/21 academic year.
- Higher Diploma in Data Analytics and Visualisation, Level 8
- Higher Diploma in Financial Analysis, Level 8
- Higher Diploma in Business Information Systems, Level 8
- Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Transformation, Level 9
NB: The closing dates for application vary for each course from mid-August to mid-September so please refer to the individual course pages for further application and eligibility criteria details.
Please refer to the Springboard + website for eligibility criteria and required documentation.
All applications for these courses are made via the Springboard+ website.