Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
Research & Innovation
Research & Innovation
NUI Galway’s vibrant research community take on some of the most pressing challenges of our times.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Contacting your Programme Coordinator or College/School Office
- General enquiries about student administration, attendance, leave of absence, etc.? Please email or phone your College, School or Discipline Office.
Find an email address for your Programme Coordinator here
- College Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Room 1019 (Tuesdays & Thursdays) and Room 2041 (Wednesdays) in the Arts Millennium Building
- College Office Hours: Tuesday - Thursday, 10.30am - 12.30pm & 2.30pm - 4pm (during COVID-19)
The College Office deals primarily with student academic matters. Students contact us if they find they are struggling with their studies seeking advice, are unable to attend lectures/tutorials due to medical/personal circumstances or if they require extensions on assignments.
- General Undergraduate Arts queries: contact Catherine (091-493958) email@example.com to arrange an appointment
- General Postgraduate Arts queries: contact Sandra (091-493949) firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment
- Other College Office staff: Yvonne (091-492617) email@example.com and Deirdre (091-493954) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discipline of Archaeology Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- Discipline of Celtic Civilisation Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discipline of Classics Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- Discipline of Economics Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discipline of English Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- Discipline of French Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discipline of Geography Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- Discipline of German Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discipline of History Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- Discipline of Information Technology Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discipline of Irish Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- Discipline of Italian Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discipline of Law Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- Discipline of Mathematics Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discipline of Philosophy Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- Discipline of Political Science and Sociology Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discipline of Psychology Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- Discipline of Spanish Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find an email address for your Programme Director here: College of Business, Public Policy and Law Programme Director contacts, Oct 2020
- College Office - undergraduate student enquiries should be directed at School Offices below. All other College enquiries - email@example.com / (091) 492988
- J.E. Cairnes School of Business and Economics Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org / (091) 492612
- School of Law Office - general enquiries to email@example.com / (091) 492389
- Shannon College Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org / (091) 497205
Find an email address for your Programme Coordinator here
- College Office - general enquiries to email@example.com
- School of Health Sciences Office - HealthSciences@nuigalway.ie
- School of Medicine Office - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Nursing and Midwifery Office - email@example.com
Find an email address for your Programme Director and Coordinator here: College of Science & Engineering Programme Coordinators, Oct 2020
Our College Staff are here to support your academic journey and learning experience, as well as your mental health and welfare needs, throughout the COVID-19 restrictions. We encourage a virtual-first approach. Where essential and in support of your needs, our office staff are available to meet with you on a one-to-one basis in-person on campus, by prior appointment.
- College Office hours (during Level 5 restrictions): 10am-2pm, Mon-Fri.
See below a list of our contact details / email addresses.
College Office - for general enquiries, student attendance and leave of absence, contact Olive Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org / (091) 492182; for undergraduate affairs, contact email@example.com / (091) 493700 or firstname.lastname@example.org / (091) 493026
- School of Chemistry Office - general enquiries to email@example.com or Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org / (091) 492460
- School of Computer Science Office - general enquiries to ComputerScience@nuigalway.ie / (091) 493259
- School of Engineering Office - general enquiries to email@example.com / (091) 492101
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org / (091) 492332
- School of Natural Sciences Office - general enquiries to email@example.com / (091) 492520
- School of Physics Office - general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org / (091) 492490
Contacting Student Services and Supports
- Remote services: You can contact most student services via email or phone at this time. See full list of contacts below.
- Academic Writing Centre
- Access Centre
- Accommodation & Welfare Office
- Career Development Centre
- Disability Support Service
- Fees Office
- International Office
- ISS - Information Solutions and Services
- Societies Office & SocsBox
- Student Health Unit
- Student Registry Helpdesk
Current registered full-time Mature Students:
- Wednesday Virtual Coffeed at 12pm on Blackboard Collaborate: https://eu.bbcollab.com/guest/5700dbd94036449f88eaf8444d218ada
- Thursday Virtual Coffees at 2.30pm on Blacboard Collaborate: https://eu.bbcollab.com/guest/80099998cefd4cfaa95154f4174c0b1f
- Appointments can be scheduled at other times if you have lectures at this time. See here on how to create a MS Teams appointment through your Student email calendar here: https://youtu.be/Bq9ig9iIj5Y
- Email email@example.com
HEAR / Access / FE Undergraduates
Please contact us with any concerns that you may have as we approach exam time.
- Access and FE undergraduates, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HEAR Undergraduates, please email: HEAR@nuigalway.ie
Please be reassured that the access team are here to help where possible. Staff are still working remotely to ensure that students are assisted and supported where possible. We are not in a position to monitor voice messages and please be aware that staff have limited access to emails. We will respond to your query as soon as is possible. If you need to contact a member of staff urgently in the Access Centre, please email email@example.com
Diploma in Foundation Studies Students SFD1 & SFD8
- Details of virtual coffee mornings and contacts are available on your Announcements on Blackboard Collaborate.
Queries from Prospective Mature Students interested in Full-time Undergraduate Study:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Zoom appointment or email for advice and information on applying for a full-time degree as a Mature Student. Mature Students Guide and Entrance assessment information at www.nuigalway.ie/mature
- The Accommodation and Welfare team assist you to find advice and support on accommodation and financial matters.
- The staff will continue to support students remotely during normal working hours. To contact us in Accommodation and Welfare please click here.
- We are available from Monday – Friday (10 am – 12.30 and 14.30 – 16.00)
- The Chaplaincy service offers pastoral care, welfare support and spiritual guidance to the students and staff of NUI Galway.
- The Chaplaincy Service is available to support students and staff remotely during normal working hours and outside of working hours, when required. The Chaplaincy Office on 6 Distillery Road is closed at present. However, we are available to continue to meet students to deal with an urgent or emergency situation. We can be contacted as follows:
Fr Ben Hughes, Chaplain
T: 087 203 7538
Jimmy McGovern, Seas Suas Manager
T: 083 062 6898
The Career Development Centre aims to provide a quality career guidance and information service focused on facilitating and empowering you to manage your own career development and make effective career transition.
Staff from the Career Development Centre are available to talk to students via email and phone, and appointments are available via MS Teams. We recommend you contact us as follows:
- If you are a student (not on placement) log a query on Careers Connect and one of the team will get back to you
- If you are a student on placement email your query to email@example.com and your Placement Officer will respond
- For general queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register on Careers Connect to keep up-to-date on events including career, skills, Employability Award and Employer events
- You can consult with a member of the NUI Galway counselling service for any issue. We provide skilled listeners who have experience dealing with all the challenges students encounter
- NUI Galway Student Counselling is continuing to operate, remotely online or by phone.
- For enquiries or to set up an online/phone assessment please email: email@example.com
If you are in crisis or at serious risk of self-harm contact the following supports:
- Your own GP or local A&E Emergency Department
- University Hospital Galway Emergency Department: (091) 544544
- The Samaritans: 116 123
- Pieta House: 1800 247 247
- Text 'NUIG' to 50808 to access 24/7 crisis text support: More info here
Contact the Disability Support Service and access disability related support remotely via email and MS Teams.
• If you are a student who is already registered with the Disability Support Service, you can email your Disability Advisor (as detailed on your LENS report)
• If you are a student who is already registered with the Disability Support Service, and you require assistive technology support, you can email your Assistive Technology Officer
• If you are a student who wishes to register with the Disability Support Service, you can complete our online registration form
• For all other disability support related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there may be delays in responding to emails, as we are receiving a high volume of emails at present. However, we will do all that we can to keep such delays to a minimum.
The Fees Office reception desk is closed due to COVID-19 protective measures and we are working remotely.
The International Office reception is currently closed due to COVID-19 protective measures.
Please find email and telephone contacts on the International Office website
ISS continue to support students and staff via all the usual channels:
- Log any requests or issues at https://servicedesk.nuigalway.ie
- Email email@example.com
- Call the ISS Service Desk phone number (091) 495777
- Click here for info on accessing University IT Services from off-campus
SocsBox Virtual Help Desk Monday – Thursday, 2pm - 5pm & 6pm - 8pm at https://bit.ly/3cCWc2B
All society activity on campus is suspended until Áras na Mac Léinn reopens. However, Societies are running virtual events. The SocsBox is contactable by email:
Áras na Mac Léinn rooms, The Hub and Hub Central are currently closed.
- You can join Societies by logging into your student account on yourspace.nuigalway.ie
- Society banking online will be facilitated remotely. Society information will be on www.socs.nuigalway.ie.
- www.nuigstudents.ie will be updated regularly with news on extracurricular activities.
- Students are no longer permitted to enter the Student Health Unit without first contacting to arrange a prior appointment.
- New patients must first register online here
- Appointment requests can be completed online here
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have a query relating to COVID-19, please read our COVID advice here
- Repeat prescriptions can be requested online here
- For any URGENT medical issues or concerns during daytime hours, please phone 091-492604 to speak directly to a member of reception staff
- Services are provided from 9.15am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday ONLY. For any Urgent/Emergency issues Out-of-Hours (OOH), please phone 091-492604 for details of out-of-hours arrangements.
We are working remotely to assist students with Registration statements, Stamping of Forms, Address updates etc.