Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Our services may have changed or due to restrictions we may not be in a position to offer support in certain areas. The most up to date information on our services can be found on the links below:
- Attendant Services http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/attendant-services/ and
Cleaning Services http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/cleaning-services/
Information on enhanced cleaning protocols and possible impact on other services
- Buildings Engineering & Infrastructure
Updates on campus road restrictions
- Chair or desk http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/chair-desk-home-working/
Guidance on Operator Chair and/or Desk for Home Working
- Dangan Sports Facilities http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/dangan/
Updates on sports facilities in Dangan
- Event Management http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/room-events/event-management/
Updates to managing events on campus, additional protocols event management and event safety requirements which must be adhered to
- Fire Prevention http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/fire-prevention/
Covid-19 fire considerations
- Isolation Rooms
List of designated Isolation Rooms. Queries re this list should be sent to the Helpdesk.
See Returning to Campus Safely for the Unit Response Plan for a suspect Covid-19 case and use of the Isolation Room
- Mail Services http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/mail-services/
Updates to mail services, collections etc
- Moving Office http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/moving-office/
Updates to office move process
- Parking/Getting To and Around Campus http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/get-to-around/
Updates to parking application process
- Perspex Screens/Barrier Screens http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/perspex-screens/
Guidance on barrier screens
- Plumbing, Ventilation, Power & Lifts http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/plumbing-ventilation/
Guidance on ventilation strategies, FAQs on service
- Protocol for the reopening of smaller university buildings
- Policies & Procedures http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/policies-procedures/
Updates to QA123 Event Management & Safety, 2.3 Covid-19 Addendum
- Recycling & Waste Management http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/recycling/
Updates on waste guidelines during Covid-19
- Security http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/security/
Updates for visitors to the campus
- Signage: Covid-19 internal signage http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/signage/
Information on Covid-19 internal signage and how to request additional signage
- Stewarding Services http://www.nuigalway.ie/buildings/service-helpdesk/stewarding-services/
Updates on requesting stewarding services
- Teaching and Learning Buildings (Entrances, Exits and Routes)
Maps showing entrances, exits and routes in campus buildings
- Teaching and Learning, capacities of venues
List of Teaching and Learning Venues with information on their capacity pre Covid-19 and with social distancing. Queries re this list should be sent to email@example.com
General University information is available on http://www.nuigalway.ie/alert/
Health & Safety information is available on http://www.nuigalway.ie/health-safety/covid-19-updates/
Returning to Campus Safely SharePoint site for the NUI Galway community
Documents, forms, templates and resources related to the process of reopening facilities and returning to work are being made available on this dedicated site, includes Access forms and list of Covid-19 Coordinators.