Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
- There are different types of spaces on campus; please find out which is which before you travel.
- We value your visit to the University, and your meeting here may be of strategic importance to the Unit or Discipline you are visiting/assisting, but the rules are there for a reason and we cannot allow you to park in contravention of the rules, regardless of how important your visit is. If your host wishes to apply for special parking arrangements, they can do so via the Buildings Office.
- Staff must park in staff designated spaces and students must park in student designated spaces. Both staff and students can park in areas which are zoned as shared (see Parking map for details).
- If you park in a Pay & Display (“P&D”) space, you must buy a ticket from the nearby machines and put it on your dashboard face up, regardless of what other type of permit you might have.
- If you buy a P&D ticket, you can only park in spaces marked “P&D/Í&T”, marked also with blue lines. If you park anywhere else, even with a valid P&D ticket, you will be clamped.
- If you have bought a P&D ticket and it runs out, you may be clamped, regardless of circumstances, so please renew your ticket if it is about to expire.
- Only park in marked spaces – please do not think that where you have parked is ‘out of the way and not obstructing anyone’. Do not park on footpaths, landscaping, double yellow lines or in yellow boxes and do not obstruct fire exits.
- If you have a valid Conference Permit you are permitted to park only in the car park referred to on the front of the permit during the dates specified. This permit does not allow you to park in a Pay & Display (“P&D”) space without displaying a valid P&D ticket.
- If you park in a universally accessible bay you must display a 'blue badge' permit issued by the IWA or a valid Staff or Student Temporary Disability permit.
- Do not display a note in your window explaining why you have parked illegally. The clampers have been instructed to ignore such notes, which do not count as valid parking permits
- Use a loading bay only if you are actively involved in the loading or unloading of equipment. They are not parking spaces.
I am employed on a fixed term contract while completing my studies at the University. May I apply for a staff permit?
The secure monetary transaction/processing is hosted by a company called Citipay (an online secure payment system). There may be a number of reasons why the authorisation has not been successful including:
- You have entered details incorrectly
- There may be too much traffic on the servers, please try later
- Card issue, you may need to choose an alternative card to process the transaction
Please contact APCOA directly 0818 462888 (Option 7, Option 2 from the recorded message) if you continue to encounter difficulties.
- In consultation with the Partnership sub-group (on Mobility Management) it was agreed to allow staff to spread their charge over the year through salary payroll deduction.
- It was also agreed that this facility could only be availed of IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER and not thereafter, to reduce administrative workload (as there is no direct link possible between the APCOA computers and the NUI Galway payroll for security reasons). After 1730 on the last working day of September payment by payroll deduction will no longer be available.
- Monthly paid staff deduction: 10 deductions in total – the first deduction will come from your October pay slip
- Weekly paid staff deduction: 40 deductions in total – the first deduction will come from your October pay slip
- Should you click the button to avail of the payroll, you will be deemed to have signed your authority for the Buildings Office to pass a regular charge against your salary until the permit charge is paid in full. Normal conditions relating to change in service/P45 terms and payback apply.
Terms and conditions
I agree to a deduction in my wages/salary in the sum of €50 to be paid on a weekly/monthly basis to commence from the first week of October. The total deduction will be €50.
All parking and related payroll deduction queries can only be addressed by the Parking & Travel Office. The Payroll Office are unable to assist with parking and related deduction queries.
The Edugate federation is comprised of public and private Irish Higher Education Institutions and Research Organisations that have agreed upon a standard procedure for exchanging information about users and resources to enable access and use of those resources and services. The Edugate federation is a service operated by HEAnet in co-operation with HEAnet member institutions
For further information