Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a rang of key areas of expertise.
- Research Office
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at NUI Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at NUI Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
EXEMPTIONS from the professional examinations of accountancy and taxation bodies in ireland
Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
For information of the exemptions available to students of the B.Comm, B. Comm (Accounting), B. Comm (International) and B. Comm (Part Time) from the professional examinations of Chartered Accountants Ireland please see CAI
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The following are the exemptions for graduates of the B.Comm who graduated in 2012 or later:
- Papers F1, F2, F3 and F4: Exemptions granted to all graduates.
- Paper F5: Exemption available if the student has passed AY207 Management Accounting I and AY321 Management Accounting II.
- Paper F7: Exemption available if the student has passed AY325 International Financial Reporting II and AY326 International Financial Reporting II.
- Paper F9: Exemption available if the student has passed AY208 Business Finance I and AY314 Business Finance II.
- Graduates of the B.Comm who graduated in 2011 or earlier should check the exemptions enquiry database on the ACCA website (http://www.accaglobal.com/ ) to see exactly which exemptions they are eligible for.
- Graduates of the B.Comm (Accounting) are exempt from all nine papers at the “Fundamentals” stage of the ACCA examinations. Therefore, in order to complete the examinations for the ACCA qualification, graduates of the B.Comm (Accounting) only need to complete the five papers at the final (“Professional”) stage.
Further information about the ACCA syllabus and examinations can be found at www.accaglobal.com
Irish Taxation Institute exemptions
For information of the exemptions available to students of all undergraduate and postgraduate programmes of the J. E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics, NUIG, from the professional examinations of the Irish Tax Institute (ITI) please consult the information booklet of the ITI at: http://taxinstitute.ie/Portals/0/Education/Prospective%20Area/AITI%20Chartered%20Tax%20Adviser%20(CTA)%20Student%20Handbook%202012_2013.pdf
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
Graduates of the B.Comm. graduates who have completed the Accounting stream are eligible for the following exemptions:
- Formation 1: All papers.
- Formation 2: Financial Accounting; Management Accounting; Taxation (if AY308 Taxation I & AY319 passed in B.Comm.); MIS (if MS203 Information Systems Management passed in B.Comm.)
- Professional 1: Corporate Reporting; Managerial Finance (if AY314 Business Finance II passed in B.Comm.)
Graduates of the B.Comm (Accounting) are eligible for the following exemptions:
- All Formation 1 papers.
- All Formation 2 papers.
- The Corporate Reporting and Managerial Finance papers in the Professional 1 examination.
Further information about the CPA syllabus and examinations can be found at http://www.cpaireland.ie/