Bachelor of Corporate Law (B Corp Law)
College of Business, Public Policy, & Law
Minimum HC3 in two subjects and passes in four other subjects at H or O level in the Leaving Certificate including: Irish, English, another language, Mathematics and any two other subjects recognised for entry purposes.
Next start date: September 2015
Entry points(2014): 370
A Level Grades (2014): ABB or equivalent combination
Average intake: 75
- Constitutional Law
- Contract Law
- Law of Torts
- Irish Legal System
- Legal Methods and Research
- Language (French/German/Italian/Spanish) or Business Information Systems
- Company Law
- Commercial Law
- European Union Law
- Management Studies
- Management of Organisational Change
- Language or Marketing/Business Finance
- Labour Law
- Legal and Business Ethics
- Plus a number of options from an extensive list, which includes:
- Banking Law
- Insurance Law
- Competition Law
- Environmental Law
- Health and Safety Law
- Information Technology Law
- Industrial and Intellectual Property Law
- International Trade and International Business Law
- Business options are also available
The B Corp Law programme aims to prepare students for employment in the legal division of a company or business organisation, or for law-related positions in banking, insurance, financial or other small, medium and larger organisations. Many graduates undertake professional training and qualify as a solicitor or barrister.
Fees for this course
EU (Total): €6,817 p.a. 2015/16 (inclusive of Levy & SCC)
- Tuition: €3,593 p.a. 2015/16
- Student contribution: €3,000 p.a. 2015/16
- Student levy: €224 p.a. 2015/16
Non-EU (Total): €12,750 p.a. 2015/16
EU Fees 2015/16:
- Tuition: may be paid by the Irish Government on your behalf if you qualify for free tuition fees see - free fee initiative.
- Student Contribution: €3,000 - payable by all students but may by paid by SUSI if you apply and are deemed eligible for a means tested SUSI grant.
- Student Levy: €224 - payable by all students and is not covered by SUSI.
B Corp Law
"Studying Corporate Law at NUI Galway allowed me to combine many of my interests and learn a range of skills that I hope to use in later life. It offers the chance to study both legal and business subjects while allowing students to focus on the areas that really interest them. Lecturers here are of a very high standard and are keen to ensure that their students develop and get to grips with the material being studied. I would be happy to recommend NUI Galway to anybody considering their options for third level. It has offered me the perfect opportunity to learn through dedicated teaching, engaging course content and a friendly atmosphere that helped me benefit from the collective experiences of my fellow students."