NUI Galway is there for you beyond the classroom. Find out what's on campus to help you with your studies.
NUI Galway has over 82 Student Societies, offering you great opportunities to meet people with similar interests, try new things and have fun.
Sport is central to life at NUI Galway and our excellent facilities offer you a chance to balance your academic study with a wide range of sporting activities.
Let us entertain you (and keep you in the know) with NUI Galway's student newspaper, Sin and our college radio station, Flirt FM.
The arts programme at NUI Galway is a collaboration between the Arts Office, the Societies office, students and staff of the University, which results in a celebration of creativity and talent.
The Students' Union represents students' views and interests in the University and beyond.
Volunteering is an excellent way to meet new people, give something back to society, expand on your learning, and best of all, to have fun.
NUI Galway has over:
- 17,000 students.
- 2,000 international students from 92 countries.
- 2,400 staff members.
- 120 links with universities across the globe.
- 90,000 alumni in 107 countries.
- 165 years experience of providing university education.
NUI Galway is:
- Ireland's top University for student retention - Sunday Times 2011.
- Irelands's top University for graduate employability with 96% of our graduates employed or in further study within six months of graduating.
- the largest and oldest university in the west of Ireland.
NUI Galway is world leading for research in:
- Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Web Science
- Human Rights
- Marine Science, Energy and Environmental Science
- Applied Social Sciences and Public Policy
Humanities, in particular literature, Theatre and Irish Studies
NUI Galway was awarded a QS Five Stars Rating in 2012