Conferring Parchments

The parchment or scroll received by the graduand at the conferring ceremony is a National University of Ireland parchment.  This parchment is in the language of  Latin for all degrees and diplomas awarded.  The exceptions are the awards of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Certificates which are English.

Please ensure your name is correct on our database as this will be the name that will appear on your Conferring parchment. Please refer to your Registration Statement or Transcript of Results to check this and if it is incorrect, contact the Student Registry Helpdesk at

In Absentia

(unable to attend conferring ceremony)

If you are unable to attend the conferring ceremony you will be conferred In Absentia and your parchment will be posted to your home address within 2 weeks of the ceremony.  
Please note: if you have not received your parchment, you must notify us within 3 months of your conferral date in order to receive a replacement parchment.  After this you must contact the NUI directly at

Change of Address

Please update your information should you have a change of home address.  This can be done via the the Student Registry Helpdesk at

Duplicate Parchments

Should you require a copy of your parchment or an English version please contact the NUI directly:

Authenticating Parchments

The parchment you will receive on your conferring day is a certified copy from the National University of Ireland.  Should you require your parchment to be apostilled / authenticated, please contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at

Information on Notarising:

Requests for Visa Applications and Employment

Should you require a letter of confirmation of an upcoming conferring ceremony for Visa Application or employment purposes, we will facilitate this request.  

Please email indicating full name, student ID number and course completed and purpose of confirmation letter.

Results Transcripts / Statement of Graduation / Statement of Registration

Graduates may request a copy of their results transcripts for one or more years.
Graduates may request a statement of graduation.  
These can be requested directly from the Student Registry Helpdesk at the following email address: 

Statement of Registration information is available here.