Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
International Marketing and Entrepreneurship (MSc)
The programme content is aimed at preparing graduates for marketing positions in business, particularly in the area of International Marketing and Exporting.
Therefore the programme will assist students to:
- Further develop the students’ knowledge and critical understanding of marketing to an advanced level.
- Cultivate a comprehensive range of applied and analytical skills in marketing, with a strong emphasis on strategic decision-making.
- Expose students to the latest cutting-edge ideas, techniques, and marketing frameworks through the analysis of industry best practice.
- Foster an appreciation of the significant changes and challenges occurring in increasingly competitive marketplaces.
- Develop students’ competencies and confidence through professional training in business and marketing skills, including oral and written presentation skills.
- Provide training in the methods and practice of accepted research methodologies.
- Allow students to develop and expand their personal confidence.
Applications and Selections
You can applyfor this programme from the following link:
MSc International Marketing & Exporting Programme: 1MIE1
Who Teaches this Course
- Dr Declan Fleming, PhD, MBS
- Dr Christine Domegan, PhD, MBS
- Dr Elaine Wallace, PhD, MBS
- Dr Ann Torres, PhD, MBS
- Dr Patricia McHugh, BComm, MBS, MMII, PhD
- Dr Natasha Evers, PhD, MBS
Dr Gabriela Gliga, PhD, MBS
Requirements and Assessment
Normally a Second Class Honours undergraduate degree, 2.1, or a 2.1 in the Higher Diploma in Business Studies, is required (or equivalent international qualification). Applicants who hold a very high 2.2 and who have achieved a 2.1 average within a significant Marketing specialism in a business degree, may be considered.
The programme is open to graduates of all disciplines. Applicants from a Non-Business/Marketing degree background, applying as a conversion programme, are required to successfully complete an online Principles of Marketing course, as specified by the Marketing Discipline, prior to commencement of studies. This online Principles of Marketing test consists of studying a perscribed textbook and completing a series of Multiple Choice Questions based on each chapter of the textbook. There is no cost for this test except for the cost of purchasing the textbook.
IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent, if applicable.
1 year, full-time
Next start date
A Level Grades ()
75+ Combined with other MSc (Marketing Programmes)
Mode of study
The programme is offered on a full-time basis over one year. Lectures will commence in the first week of September, with assessments/written examinations during/at the end of each semester. The programme consists of a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, projects, case studies and presentations. A range of assessment methods are used, including essays, projects, reports, presentations, case studies and and/or written examinations. To be eligible for the award of Masters, candidates must successfully complete modules to a total of 90 ects. Students are required to take twelve obligatory subjects and complete a week long Summer School (at the end of semester 2 exams in May) and an Applied Marketing Project.
Semester 1 Obligatory Subjects:
- Research Methods
- Marketing Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Digital Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Performance & Productivity
- International Marketing Strategy
Semester 2 Obligatory Subjects:
- International Entrepreneurship
- Global Business To Business (B2B) Marketing
- Cases in Marketing Management & Strategy
- Strategic Brand Management
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Marketing & Sustainability
Summer School & Applied Project
Summer School (1 week) on “Exccelerator Leadership and International Negotiations for Marketing Professionals".
The Applied Marketing Project is a team-based consultancy undertaking. Students will take on the role of consultants and work directly with an assigned real live company to address a specific marketing problem and develop a research-based solution.
The project equips students with essential business know-how, problem solving, communication and team-building skills, as well as strengthening their professional expertise, boosting confidence and enhancing personal development.
It is a team-based consultancy undertaking. Students will take on the role of consultants and work directly with an assigned real live company to address a specific marketing problem and develop a research-based solution.
ModulesCurriculum information relates to the current academic year (in most cases).
Course and module offerings and details may be subject to change.
Glossary of Terms
- You must earn a defined number of credits (aka ECTS) to complete each year of your course. You do this by taking all of its required modules as well as the correct number of optional modules to obtain that year's total number of credits.
- A module you may choose to study.
- A module that you must study if you choose this course (or subject).
- Most courses have 2 semesters (aka terms) per year.
Why Choose This Course?
Graduates have found employment in such companies as GlaxoSmithKline, Kerry Group, Vodafone, Microsoft, SAP, Tourism Ireland, Smyths Toys, and LinkedIn.
More reasons to choose this course:
- Executive Masterclasses by Industry Experts in Global consumer and business companies – e.g. Google; OnePage CRM; Audi; Guinness; Nestle, Kerrygold; Aerogen; Heineken; Gamestop & Amadeus.
- Summer School (1 week) on “Exccelerator Leadership and International Negotiations for Marketing Professionals".
- Consultancy project on real Global start–up venture.
- Marketing Institute of Ireland (MII) membership opportunities, and use of the letters 'MMII Grad' after graduates names, as well as being listed in the Marketing Institute’s Register of Qualified Marketers.
- We have fantastic partnerships with industry:
J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics MSc International Marketing and Entrepreneurship Scholarship
NUI Galway is offering two merit Scholarships for the MSc in International Marketing and Entrepreneurship commencing September 2020; one scholarship up to the value of 50% of the EU tuition fees and one scholarship up to the value of 50% of the non EU tuition fees.
For more information on the scholarship application process, please contact email@example.com. Please note that to be considered for this merit based scholarship, applicants must be accepted to their chosen programme and must complete the online Scholarship Application Form.
Who’s Suited to This Course
Related Student Organisations
Fees: Student levy
Fees: Non EU
Postgraduate students in receipt of a SUSI grant – please note an F4 grant is where SUSI will pay €2,000 towards your tuition. You will be liable for the remainder of the total fee. An F5 grant is where SUSI will pay TUITION up to a maximum of €6,270. SUSI will not cover the student levy of €224.
Meet our Students & Graduates
Sarah Dolan | Senior Marketing & Communications Manager for Global Events
“The MSc in Marketing allowed me the opportunity to reach my full potential, helping me build the skills and knowledge necessary to become part of one of the largest software companies in the world. The masters gave me a distinct advantage over other candidates as a result of the scope of topics and projects we covered. I would recommend it to anyone who is passionate about marketing and would like to build a successful career in this field.”in Connect with Sarah
Brian Mac Cathmhaoil | Community manager at Ex Ordo
The extensive skills I built through the International Marketing and Exporting masters built a platform for me to work as the administrator for the 21st McGill International Entrepreneurship conference and to publish a book chapter from my thesis. The experience and expertise gained from the master's programme gave me the confidence to work as the community manager for Ex Ordo a dynamic software company that has customers in over 60 countries. The fun I had in doing my masters provided me with some lifelong friends and really helped me create a career in marketing.
Jason Gaynor | Development Executive – Enterprise Ireland
I graduated in 2016 from NUIG's MSc International Marketing and Exporting. The expertise and advice from lecturers and the material covered helped prepare me for work with National and International employers such as Pat The Baker and Valeo Foods. It also allowed me to discover my interest in Internationalisation which led me to pursue a position with Enterprise Ireland.