Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Multidisciplinary Radiology (MSc/PDip)
Radiology is a vast and ever growing field within medicine that is evolving at a pace that is almost difficult to comprehend. It plays a major role within multidisciplinary team care provision with many specialists now dependant on radiological imaging for clinical decision making. Clinicians must evolve with this in terms of our own understanding, clinical skills and engagement with research and development. The MSc/PDip in Multidisciplinary Radiology is designed to meet this need.
With this in mind this course is designed for clinicians who:
- rely on imaging for decision making within their speciality
- for whom a radiology qualification may offer new career progression routes
- wish to further their individual radiological knowledge, skills and research capabilities
The programme is multidisciplinary in nature, with a fully integrated Clinical and Radiological approach to patient care both among faculty and learners. It is a blended course taught using traditional class-based educational activities and contemporary distance learning technologies.
Applications and Selections
Who Teaches this Course
- NUI Galway staff in basic and relevant clinical sciences including Radiologists and other clinicians in relevant disicplines to clinical modules.
- Academic staff from other disicplines providing generic modules.
- Guest lecturers and researchers from other universities , clinical and research institutions providing access to research/clinical facilities throughout the country.
Requirements and Assessment
Full-time 1 year
Part-time 2 years
Next start date
A Level Grades ()
Please view the offer rounds website.
Mode of study
90 (MSc) | 60 (PDip)
1MRY1, MSc, full-time
1MRY2, MSc, part-time
1MRY3, PDip, full-time
1MRY4, PDip, part-time
We have designed our modules with distance learning in mind. The traditional class based educational activities are run in one week blocks for each module. This means that a student will only be required to travel to campus for five weeks over the course of the academic year, or this will be spread over the 2 years if doing the course part-time. Utilising contemporary distance learning online technologies students can complete the remaining components of the module in their own time through self-directed learning while not present on campus.
All students must complete 60 European Credit Transfer (ECT). This is made up from six 10 ECTS modules:
- Research Methods for Evidence Based Practice
- Five clinical modules:
- Introduction to Basic Radiological Sciences
- Chest, Cardiovascular and Breast Imaging
- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Central Nervous System and Head and Neck Imaging
- Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary Imaging
Students undertaking the programme to MSc degree level must also complete a research project and submission of their dissertation (30 ECTS).
Why Choose This Course?
Who’s Suited to This Course
Related Student Organisations
Fees: Student levy
Fees: Non EU
MSc, part-time: EU Fee €3,485 p.a.
PDip, full-time: EU Fee €4,500 p.a.
PDip, part-time: EU Fee €2,250 p.a.
Find out More
If you would like more information about our programme, or have any queries, please feel free to contact
Prof. Peter McCarthy
Dr. Alanna Stanley