Creative Arts Performance Points
NUI Galway, Ireland's leading university for the creative arts, is now offering special performance points for students who show exceptional artistic promise and achievement under five areas of excellence:
- Creative Writing
- Digital Arts and Media
- Drama and Theatre
- Non-fiction writing, including Journalism
Successful applicants will gain a bonus of 40 points when applying for entry to all NUI Galway undergraduate courses (with the exception of GY501, Medicine) and will also be appointed a mentor associated with the above arts, to ensure that future artists can fully develop their potential, while enjoying all NUI Galway has to offer.
How to apply
Applicants must receive a minimum of 350 CAO points from a single sitting of the Leaving Certificate in six subjects, and must achieve all minimum entry and course-specific requirements. There is no upper age limit.
To apply for this scheme, you must (A) complete this application form this application form and submit online and (B) post a sample of your work and a reference to the address below.
Applications will be accepted until 14 February each year, with interviews following in late May. Interviews may be conducted online for applicants living outside Ireland.
When you have completed and submitted this application, you should send:
- A sample of your work (short story, video of performance, etc)
- A reference from a teacher or other mentor outlining your suitability for this Scheme
Material should be sent to arrive no later than 14 February 2015 to:
Creative Arts Performance Points Scheme
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
More information is available in the Creative Arts Performance Points brochure.
- 17,000 students.
- 2,000 international students from 92 countries.
- 2,400 staff members.
- 120 links with universities across the globe.
- 90,000 alumni in 107 countries.
- 165 years experience providing university education.
NUI Galway is:
- Ireland's top University for student retention - Sunday Times 2011.
- Irelands's top Univerisity for graduate employability with 96% of our graduates employed or in further study within six months of graduating.
- The largest and oldest university in the west of Ireland.
NUI Galway is world leading for research in:
- Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Web Science
- Human Rights
- Marine Science, Energy and Environmental Science
- Applied Social Sciences and Public Policy
Humanities, in particular literature, Theatre and Irish Studies
NUI Galway was awarded the QS Five star rating - 2012