DreamSpark is a Microsoft program providing access to Microsoft software for the purposes of teaching, learning, and research. It is available to all currently registered NUI Galway students and staff.
- Access to free Microsoft software under the ’DreamSpark’ heading, subject to the Academic Licensing Agreement.
- Ability to purchase other software at significantly reduced Academic prices.
- Free access to the Microsoft Windows Store and Windows Phone Dev. Centre. Note: for students only.
Access to DreamSpark only requires an internet connection, web browser, and an active CASS login. It does not require a network connection. Because each software package has its own set of additional system requirements, we suggest you review the system requirements for each package by clicking the ’System Requirements’ link on the product page (located below the product’s description).
What Microsoft software is available to students free-of-charge?
- .Net Framwork 4.5
- AutoCollage 2008
- Expression Studio 4, 3
- Kinect Windows for SDK
- Kodu Game Lab
- Mathematics 4.0
- Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Robotics Developer Studio 2008, Studio 4
- Small Basic
- SQL Server 2012, 2008, 2005
- Virtual PC for Mac 7
- Virtual PC , 2007
- Visual C#2008
- Visual C++ 2008
- Visual Studio 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005
- Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011
- Visual Web Developer 2008
- Web Server 2008
- Windows Embedded, CE 6.0
- Windows MultiPoint Mouse SDK
- Windows Phone
- Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003
- XNA Game Studio 4, 3
Please note, Microsoft occasionally add new free software to DreamSpark, please login to DreamSpark for the most up-to-date list.
What software is available at Academic pricing?
Several software packages are available at significantly reduced Academic prices. These include, but are not limited to:
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Minitab 16
- Nero 12
Please login to DreamSpark for the full list of available software.