Application for a Telephone Line
Print out the Application form for a Telephone Line. Complete the applicant details and note that the Head of Department signature is required. When completed, forward the form to the Accounts Office.
General Telephone Instructions
All of the features described below may not be available at particular extensions. If there is a particular telephone facility you require or if you have any queries please contact the Service Desk
- External Lines: Dial 9
- Operator: Dial 0 to contact University Operator.
- Return an External Call: To return an external call to the University Operator, press the R or Recall button on the phone, wait for the tone and then dial 0.
- Call Back: If you dial an internal number which is engaged, press the R button 81 or the Recall button 81. The telephone will ring when the extension you have dialled becomes free. Dial 82 if you wish to cancel call back.
- Transfer: To transfer external or internal calls press the R or Recall button, wait for the tone and dial extension number required. Press the R or Recall button again to get the original call back.
- Hunting: Extensions may be pre-programmed to hunt automatically to any other extension when the original extension is either busy or unattended.
- Call Forwarding: To forward calls, dial 85 extension number to which you have gone. Dial 85 again to cancel.
- Camp-on Calls: If you hear a beep tone while you are on the telephone, it indicates that the operator is holding another call for you . As soon as you hang up, your telephone will ring again.
- Call pick-up: Where a number of telephone extensions are located in the same area an extension ringing in the area can be intercepted by any number of a group by dialling a pre-programmed code.
- Voice Mail: If you require a Voice Mail facility, contact the Service Desk
- Voice Recognition: Please contact the Service Desk. If you are moving from your designated extension number to a new extension so that the the voice recognition system can be reprogrammed accordingly. Otherwise incoming calls will be mis-directed.
Temporary Conference Telephone
A temporary conference telephone can be allocated to a room (subject to availability). The request can only be accepted from a NUI Galway staff member with a minimum notice period of two working days.
To request a temporary conference telephone, please complete a ticket in Service Desk Ticketing System. The appropriate ticket category is Telecommunications > Landline > Conference Facility > Temporary Conference Phone. Note that you will be asked to provide details of the room, the telephone extension available there for the conference phone unit, event date and time.