Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Official End of Term Examinations
The Disability Support Service works with the Exams Office to provide exam accommodations for your official, end-of-term exams. Exam accommodations are agreed during your needs assessment meeting and will be detailed in your needs assessment summary (LENS) document. NUI Galway uses the DAWN guidelines on granting reasonable accommodations.
Reasonable accommodations are put in place so that:
- You are treated fairly and equitably in the examination process,
- You compete on an equal footing with your peers,
- You can demonstrate your true knowledge and competency.
Exam Accommodation Examples:
- Alternative Exam Venue
- Extra Time (10 mins per hour)
- SLD Sticker and Marking Guidelines
- Electronic Reader
- Adapted Furniture
- Alternative Exam Format
Your examination accommodations will remain unchanged for the duration of your course unless you request a review meeting. The Disability Support Service can also review your examination accommodations if you do not use accommodations you have been granted.
How do I avail of exam accommodations?
- Register with the Disability Support Service as soon as your course commences.
- Agree your exam accommodations at your needs assessment meeting.
- If you require a change then you must arrange a meeting with your contact person in DSS.
- Agreed accommodations will be automatically applied to all official, end-of-term university exams.
- Accommodations for in-house/departmental exams are arranged separately between you and your lecturer (see below).
- You must inform DSS if you are deferring an exam. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam Timetable and Venues
- View your personal exam timetable here.
- Always check the amendments for changes to the exam date, time or venue.
- If you do not have a personal timetable, you need to contact the Student Information Desk (SID) immediately and check if you are fully registered.
- If an exam is missing from your timetable, contact your lecturer: it may be a departmental exam.
- You will see the main examination venues when you logon to view your timetable.
- If you have been allocated alternative exam venue you will be emailed details of the venue.
- You will need to refer to your timetable to confirm dates and times.
Departmental or In House Exams
The Disability Support Service and the Examinations Office arrange exam accommodations for official, end-of-term exams only i.e. those appearing on the personal timetable you are issued by the Examinations Office.
If you require exam accommodations in a departmental or in-house exam, you should contact your lecturer well in advance of the examination date. If you contact him/her by email and attach a copy of your LENS.
For Further Information on Exams
For further information on Examinations at NUI Galway, please refer to the Examinations Office website.