Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
How Do I Apply?
- IELTS Pre-Sessional Preparation Course – click here to book
Pre-Masters English Language Pathway
Please note that Pre-Masters English Language Pathway Programmes is listed as Higher Diploma in English for Academic Purpose in our online application system. To apply for this course, please click here and select 'EAP – Higher Diploma in English for Academic Purposes'.
- General English – click here to book
- Bespoke Group Packages – send an enquiry by email
- English for Academic Purposes – send an enquiry by email
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that for the Pre-Masters Pathway Programme, instruction on payment will be issued automatically once you receive a letter of offer. For all other courses, payment is made online with a credit or debit card by clicking here.
- Notification of course cancellations must be made by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees paid are refunded in full up to 8 weeks prior to course commencement.
- 50% of fee amount is refunded up to 4 weeks prior to course commencement.
- No refund is paid for cancellations made less than 4 weeks before course commencement.
Travel & Health Insurance
- It is the responsibility of the student to take out private travel and health insurance. Students are expected to insure themselves against theft, loss that may arise. English Language Centre does not accept responsibility for any of the above.
- EU students can obtain an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) for basic cover. For more information click here.
- Non-EU students must produce evidence of medical health cover. The English Language Centre can organise health insurance vis-à-vis NUI Galway’s insurance providers. For more information, click here.
Non-EU/EEA students may require a study visa. It is the responsibility of Non-EU/EEA student to adhere to guidelines outlined by the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service (INIS), a function of the Department of Justice and Equality, in relation to obtaining a study visa. Please also note it is important to begin visa application process on confirmation of booking and payment of fees as applications can take up to 6 weeks to process.
Conditions for full-time language programme for Non EU/EEA Students:
- A full time Language Course consists of a minimum of 25 weeks tuition and a minimum of 15 hours tuition per week. The minimum number of hours of teaching is therefore 375.
- All tuition must be delivered during the hours 9am-5pm Monday to Friday and involve tuition on at least 3 of those days.
- The minimum level of attendance on the course is 85%.
- The student must take a recognized examination at the end of the course (students who do not comply with this requirement will not be permitted to obtain further immigration permission)
On arrival to Ireland, all Non-EU/EEA students must register with Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) if staying longer than 90 days
For more information in relation to study visas, click here.