Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you work in a Financial Management Office, you should notice a shortcut on your desktop, titled Agresso. Double-click this to launch the application.
- If you use Agresso for Purchasing online, or budget checking, and viewing financial reports, you should now access the system using the Agresso web client using your internet browser. You will find the link on the NUI Galway Online Services homepage or the URL itself is https://agresso.nuigalway.ie/
Q. Is my Agresso username and password the name as my windows or network details?
A. No, it is a separate Agresso username and password. Your Agresso Username is your 6 digit staff/payroll number. Your Agresso username differs from your Campus Account username, remove the leading zero and the letter s - e.g. 012345. If you are unsure of your Agresso password, from the Agresso login screen click "Forgotten your password?"
- Are you entering the correct username, it is a six digit number without an S at the end.
- You must enter U1 as the client.
- The password field is case sensitive, so check if your CAPS lock is on.
- Do you need to reset your password, then click the link "Forgotten your password?"
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with a list of the accounts you need access to. Please note that written (email) authorization from the Budget Holder is required, including the budget code and type of access required
- Log on to Agresso Web
- Navigate to the top right menu where the User ID is displayed. In this example the User ID is 083711
- Click on the arrow to the right of the ID number and from the options presented select About Unit4 Agresso
- In the popup window that appears, click Clear the Cache
- Log off and log back on to Agresso
- You should log a ticket on the Service Desk Ticketing System, detailing the type of information you are trying to extract.
- The Service Desk will route the request to the relevant resource in Financial, Management or Research Accounting who govern control of Global reports. They will determine the suitability of creating a new global report.
- All requisitions that fall outside of predetermined bands require approval.
- If your manager does not use Agresso, they must nominate a delegate that has an Agresso account, and can authorise requisitions on their behalf.
- The request to setup a delegate must be sent to email@example.com, and copied to your Line Manager, and Budget Holder.
- You should add Agresso as a Safe Sender on your email account