Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
T and S
Travel and Subsistence
The Travel and Subsistence service is used for the online submission, approval and payment of travel and subsistence expense claims to staff at NUI Galway.
Who can use the service?
The service is available to all NUI Galway employees and postgraduate students with a valid six digit Employee Record (Core) payroll/scholarship ID number.
- NUI Galway Staff & Casual Employees: This six digit ID number is displayed on your Payslip/P60 or Staff Card.
- Scholarships: Please obtain your valid six-digit ID number from your academic supervisor/director, who will be able to provide this to you from any of the Agresso “Funder” Expenditure Detail by Category report* in the column headed “Staff/Student”.
(*Note to academic supervisors/directors: A good example of an Agresso funder expenditure report for research-funder scholarships is Research Expenditure Detail by Category (w). For students funded from recurrent sources (i.e. cost centres beginning with D), a good example of an Agresso report is Scholarship Expenditure Detail (w). The six-digit number required for your scholarship student is found in the Staff/Student column.)
How do I get an Agresso Account?
In order to get an account on Agresso, you must first be set up with access. You will need to log a ticket using the Service Desk Ticketing System and provide your employee ID. The ticket request type is as follows: Accounts, Passwords & Permissions > New Account > Financial Management (Agresso)
How do I login to Agresso?
Agresso is available online at https://agresso.nuigalway.ie/
At the Agresso login screen enter your Username, Client and Agresso Password.
- Username - Your staff/payroll/scholarship number. Note: Your Agresso Username differs from your Campus Account username, remove the leading zero and the letter s - e.g. 012345
- Client - U1
- Password - password must be a minimum of 8 characters long and contain the following:
- One lower case character
- One upper case character
- One number '0' - '9'
Time & Expenses
From the left menu click Time and expenses
If you don't see the Time & Expenses link, please log a ticket with the Service Desk Ticketing System under the category: Accounts > Password & Permission > Permissions > Financial Management (Agresso). Under the Agresso Roles, check the Travel and Subsistence checkbox.
- Payroll & Expenses Office, all you need to know about Travel & Subsistence
- How to submit electronic claims
- How to approve or reject travel subsistence claimHow to check approval status of and print a copy of an active T&S claim
- How to check approval status of and print a copy of an active T&S claim
- How to search for draft travel subsistence claim
- How to search for draft travel subsistence claim (Use this document if you cannot find a claim you entered).
- How to amend a Claim / How to change subaccount (also termed budget code, cost centre or project code) for an entire claim or for individual expense items in a claim.