Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
- Colleges & Schools
- Research Office
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Since the University opened the doors of the Quadrangle in 1845, the campus has been constantly evolving to accommodate ever-increasing numbers of students. Today, the main campus has over 90 buildings on 105 hectares of land situated on the banks of the River Corrib.
|Take a Virtual Tour|
Explore a 3D model of the University, developed by campus-based simulation experts RealSim.
|€400 million Capital Investment Programme|
NUI Galway is in the middle of a €400 million construction programme - the largest expansion of facilities in any university in Ireland. The 'Campus of the Future' project has already delivered iconic new research facilities such as:
- the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Research Building
- Áras Moyola
- the Engineering Building
We continue to expand our research facilities in the University's five key research areas, with two new buildings in particular about to have a huge impact on the University's research capabilities:
- the Biosciences Research Building
- the Clinical/Translational Research Facility for the medical sciences
NUI Galway has over:
- 17,000 students.
- 2,000 international students from 92 countries.
- 2,400 staff members.
- 120 links with universities across the globe.
- 90,000 alumni in 107 countries.
- 165 years experience of providing university education.
NUI Galway is:
- Ireland's top University for student retention - Sunday Times 2011.
- Irelands's top University for graduate employability with 96% of our graduates employed or in further study within six months of graduating.
- the largest and oldest university in the west of Ireland.
NUI Galway is world leading for research in:
- Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Web Science
- Human Rights
- Marine Science, Energy and Environmental Science
- Applied Social Sciences and Public Policy
Humanities, in particular literature, Theatre and Irish Studies
NUI Galway was awarded a QS Five Stars Rating in 2012