Not all of the content is available in Irish. Where this is the case English content is displayed.
Finding a place to live
NUI Galway Accommodation Office welcomes you. We are here to help you in your search for a place to live. We can help you find appropriate accommodation in Student Residences, flats, apartments or houses. We can also help if problems arise with property owners. Find out about our promise/guarantee to you here.
There are 9 Student Residences, one of which is on Campus (Corrib Village). The other 8 are within easy reach of the University. Click on the link below for your choice of accommodation:
- Key Tips for Renting
- Always view a property before paying a deposit
- Always bring a friend or parent with you when meeting a landlord
- Ensure you have a rental agreement
- Always read and understand the Rental Agreement before signing.
- Always get a receipt for the deposit paid and rent in advance
- Always make a list of furniture and applicances with the landlord. Damage or loss of property is a regular reason for losing a deposit.
- If there are any outstanding repairs, ask the landlord to state in writing that they will be repaired - take photos if necessary.
Other Sources of Accommodation:
Map of Galway
Help / Resources Guidelines for Renting