Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Imagine NUI Galway user guideClick on the questions below to find out more about Imagine NUI Galway.
Below is a step-by-step guide to getting involved:
- Click the Sign Up button at the top of the Imagine NUI Galway webpage and fill in your details.
- Once you click Create New Account, you will be emailed a link to verify your account.
- Simply open that email (it may be in your Junk folder) and click the link to get started!
- Find a live discussion and use the Reply button to post a comment.
- Our recommended browsers are: Firefox and Chrome.
Taking part is simple.
On Thursday 28 March, visit the Imagine NUI Galway website at: imagine.nuigalway.ie where you will see a list of discussions. If you click on a live discussion you will see people typing comments on screen. You can scroll back through live discussions and completed discussions to see what other people have typed.
Adding your own comment: To add your own comment, you first need to sign up by clicking the Sign Up button in the top right hand corner of the website. You will need to enter a valid email address, where you will receive a link to confirm your sign up. Click the link to log into the website. Choose a live discussion and click the Reply button. You will be able to type in a comment, which will be added to the discussion.
Liking someone else's comment: Once you are logged in, you can like someone else's comment by clicking the heart icon beside the comment.
Once all of the Imagine NUI Galway discussions have concluded, all of the comments will be collated into one document. Our colleagues in the Insight Centre for Data Analytics have agreed to carry out a thematic analysis (identifying the key issues that emerged from the discussions) and a sentiment analysis (identifying the depth of positive/negative feeling towards these issues) from the data.
The Imagine NUI Galway discussions are grouped according to the five value-led themes that emerged from consultation with staff, students and external stakeholders. Therefore, the data from Imagine NUI Galway will align directly with sections of the new strategic plan.
It would be impossible for every contribution to Imagine NUI Galway to influence our final strategy. However, by analysing all of the contributions from the day collectively, we can identify what issues resonate most with our community.
- Imagine NUI Galway is a public platform and all content posted to the platform will be in the public domain. Please do not contribute any information or ideas of a confidential nature.
- Content posted to the platform should be factual or must be clearly identifiable as opinion.
- Personal attacks on others, publication of defamatory statement or material, posting personal information about others, and inappropriate language or behaviours are unacceptable. Such content will be removed and may result in the poster being permanently removed from the platform.
- Inappropriate, illegal or offensive materials (videos, documents, pictures) that are posted to the platform will be removed and may result in the poster being permanently removed from the platform.
- The platform does allow you to highlight (flag) content posted by another participant. However, participants are not permitted to copy and post comments from other participants without citing the original source of the comment. This includes content that is posted from other social media channels.