Virtual Server and Storage Provisioning Service
The Virtual Server and Storage Provisioning Service is available to research, academic and administration functions within NUIG and includes the following tasks:
- Server Provisioning using Virtual Machine Technology ( VMware) and high availability storage ( Storage Area Network - SAN)
- Support Services, Backup and System Status Reports
The underlying infrastructure is highly available and fault tolerant. Nominal planned availability will therefore be 99.7%. Planned outages will be scheduled and communicated with the customer in advance.
How to request this service
Open a service request ticket in Service Desk. Please note that one service request ticket per server is required.
To open a service request ticket:
- Login to Service Desk
- From the Request Type drop-down menu, choose Infrastructure (Service Delivery)
- From the drop-down menu, choose Data Centre Services
- From the drop-down menu, choose Virtual Server/Storage Request
- From the drop-down menu, select the option that meets your requirements
All questions are mandatory and must be completed before request can be processed
- When the ticket is complete, click Save.
Please contact the Service Desk if assistance is required.
How to log a support call
For issues arising with the virtual server environment that fall under the scope of the service, please contact the Service Desk to open a ticket.
Regular reporting will be provided from Information Solutions and Services to the customer on available metrics as related to target performance such as system up-time. Please indicate on the request form whether or not you wish to receive metrics.
For specific questions on the service, please contact the ISS Data Centre (email ISSDataCentrenuigalway.ie).