Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Statement of Support
Support for Staff Desktop Devices
|Network Connection||Allow connection to the campus network||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless Network||Allow connection to the NUIG and EDUROAM WiFi networks||Yes||Yes|
|Domain Login||Allows user to authenticate to the University’s Active Directory domain||Yes||Yes|
|Software Self Service||Allows users to install applications without the need for media||Yes||In progress – only some software available|
|Fileshare access||Access to U and M drives||Yes||Yes|
|Encryption – laptops||Encrypts data on laptop||Yes – new and existing laptops||On request|
|Re-Imaging||Allows ISS to reset PC back to original state||Yes||No|
|Printing – desktop/wireless/email||Allows users to print via the PrintService||Yes||Limited functionality|
|Oracle Discoverer & Quercus back office||Connect to various Enterprise applications via a Java Client||Yes||No|
Support for Computers Purchased Outside of the NUI Galway Central Procurement Contract
IT equipment intended for use on the NUI Galway network must be purchased under the central procurement contract.
Information Solutions and Services will only provide data recovery* support for University owned computers acquired outside this contract. Such computers will need to meet the following criteria:
- Windows PCs running Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise edition and meet the recommended hardware specification.
- Macintosh computers are running the recommended Operating System and standard software platform, currently Mac OS 10.14 / Office 2016 and meet the recommended hardware specification.
ISS does not provide support for privately owned laptops.
In cases where a Windows PC or Macintosh specification other than that available under the NUI Galway Procurement Contract is required, such purchases can be made only in these circumstances:
- Prospective purchases should be discussed in advance with Information Solutions and Services. Please contact the Service Desk to discuss your requirements, giving as much information as possible on the intended model and specification.
- Business/Enterprise class products are purchased not consumer/home use models
- The purchase is made from a NUI Galway contracted supplier Dell or Wriggle
- The purchase is made through the supplier’s NUI Galway account manager
- A minimum 5 year next business day on-site warranty is purchased for the computer
- Computers purchased off-contract will not have NUI Galway standard Operating System and software build pre-installed. It will be the purchasers own responsibility to install any required Operating System and software.
*Data recovery on all University owned machines is done on a best efforts basis. Data backup is the responsibility of the user