Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Upgrade to Office 2016 using Office 365 Web Apps
This procedure shows how to install Office 2016 by downloading the installation files from Office 365. This is an automated process that will install a seperate version of Office 2016 on top of the currently installed versions of office. That is to say, following this process you will have two versions of Office installed on your PC. You may get errors with the clash of versions of Office on your device.
As a result we recommend that the current version of Office on your PC/laptop is uninstalled and the device is restarted prior to running the Office 2016 installation
NB: While this process will not interfer with any existing files and should not cause any issues with the device, it is advisable to have a recent backup of all local files to an external device or ensure that you have all files synched to OneDrive prior to installing Office 2016.
Here we will outline two seperate procedures based on staff utilizing the currently supported operating system of Windows 7. The installation was carried out using a Firefox browser.
Step 1 - Uninstall Office 2013 - (Uninstalling Office 2010 Is The Same But May Have Slightly Different Screenshots)
Uninstall of Office 2013
1) Click on Windows Menu - Control Panel - Programs and Features
2) Scroll to Microsoft Office Profession Plus 2013 and click on it once to highlight it
3) Click on uninstall - The uninstall option will appear at the top of the screen once you highlight Office 2013
4) Click on YES to remove Office 2013
You may be prompted to restart your PC. If you are not prompted and you get a message to say the uninstall was succefful, please restart your PC regardless
Step 2 - Install Office 2016 From Office 365
1) - Go to Office 365
- Login as firstname.lastname@example.org eg - email@example.com
- Click on the Settings Window (silver cog to the right of the screen)
- Click on Office 365
2) - Click on Software
3) - Click on the Office menu on the left of the screen
You will see Office 2016 presented on the right hand side
Note: You have an option to upgrade to Office 2013. This is particularly for users of Office 2010 where their PC may struggle to run Office 2016
4) - Click Save File or Save depending on the browser you utlise
5) - Generally all downloads will go to the Downloads directory.
Double click on Setup.x86.en-us_O365ProPlusRetail
6) - Click run
7) - If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes
8) - The Office installation will begin
9) - Once complete, you will receive a message on screen indicating success. Click Close
You will notice that the icons for Office 2016 appearing on your taskbar at the bottom of your screen
10) - You can also find the Office 2016 apps by clicking on Start - All Programs
11) - Click on Outlook. You will be prompted to enter your firstname.lastname@example.org and password.
Be sure to click on Remember my Credientals and Click OK
12) - Type in your email@example.com and click next to activate Office
13) - Enter your credientials and click Sign In
14) - Click OK