Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
ISS has implemented a software request process that provides a method for requesting software for use in PC Suites, on staff computers and for the addition of software licenses to the network licensing servers. Requests are accepted from permanent staff at NUI Galway only. Students must request software from academic staff.
Before you request software
1. Review the Software list to check current software and license availability
2. Consult the policy on University Support for Software License Costs
3. Be mindful of the response time for software requests including minimum turnaround time and start of term deadlines - details below.
How to request software (Staff Computer)
2. To request software for a staff desktop computer, please log a ticket under the category Desktop Support (Staff & Postgrad) -> Software -> Software Request (note that you should choose Software Request (Managed Desktop) for an office computer for which you do not have rights to install software).
3. Include in this ticket the software you request and also the hostname of your device.
4. Alternatively, contact the Service Desk who can log a ticket for you.
How to request software (PC Suites)
1. Software requests will only be accepted from staff using the online form
2. Once the form is submitted, a ticket will automatically be created in the service desk ticketing system and the staff member will be emailed the details of the ticket.
3. Alternatively, contact the Service Desk who can log a ticket for you.
No software requests for PC Suites will be reviewed in the period six weeks prior to and four weeks following the start of academic term in order to ensure the stability and quality of the PC Suite build. Requests for new software on staff computers during the same time period may have a longer response time than normal.
Note: Requests for software that are not in the General Availability (GA) release stage of production may be denied to ensure the stability of the deployed software build within the PC Suites. Examples of pre-GA release stages include: pre-alpha, alpha, beta, Release Candidate (RC), and Release to Manufacturing/Marketing (RTM).
Trial or demo software versions will not be released into production without commitment to purchase the full licensed version.
The software request process aims to facilitate all requests within a six week window. The minimum turnaround time for any software request is two weeks. Please note that this is dependent on technical feasibility and also on software installation media and license availability.
If you have any queries about the software request process, please contact the Service Desk.