Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Undergraduate Applications (Non-EU Full Degree)
Students applying for full undergraduate degree programmes from outside of the European Union (EU), and who are liable for full non-EU tuition fees, should apply online via Apply to NUI Galway.
Students applying for undergraduate medicine should apply directly to the School of Medicine, please note that applications for medicine will not be processed by the International Affairs Office.
Documentation Requirements (documents you should have available to upload to your application).
- Please upload originals or certified copies of school transcripts/examination certificates (or forecast results/predicted scores if available). Where an applicant has not yet completed Secondary School (High School), the most recent transcript should be submitted. Transcripts and graduation/examination certificates should be translated into english where neccessary.
- For US Applicants a standarised test score is required. For your SAT scorecard, if you have selected NUI Galway, College Board will provide us with your SAT scorecard. For ACT, we hope to receive your scorecard electronically but in the meantime please upload your scorecard to your application when available or alternatively selected the NUI Galway code and we will receive a copy via post. The NUI Galway SAT code is 5878. The NUI Galway ACT code is 5351.
- A copy of your Passport
- A Personal Statement (typed) of no more than 800 words outlining your academic interests, sporting and/or cultural interests and your reasons for wanting to study at NUI Galway. You may also include aspects of your academic career that are not necessarily reflected in your application. (optional)
- Two Letters of Recommendation ideally from a teacher and/guidance counsellor or someone who knows you personally. Alternatively you can provide their contact informtion when you are applying online ( include their e-mail address) and same will be requested in confidence.
- Please upload IELTS or TOEFL certificate, in the case of applicants whose first language is not English.
- Some of our Undergraduate Courses may have specific subject requirements such as a higher level of mathematics or that you have studied a foreign language/second language, please check out the 2020 Entry Quick Guide to Subject Requirements below for your course. [Please note that the Irish Language requirements refers to Irish students only]. The 2020 A-Level Quick Guide to Subject Requirements is also featured below.
- If you have a query about these requirements please contact the International Marketing & Recruitment team e-mail; InternationalMarketingRecruitment@nuigalway.ie
- 2020 Entry - Quick Guide to Subject Requirements
- 2020 A-Level Quick Guide to Subject Requirements
When to Apply
For the September 2020 intake we open for applications from 1st November 2019. Decisions on applications are made on a rolling basis, throughout the year, so please ensure to apply as early as possible. Applicants can usually expect a decision within 4-6 weeks of submitting an application.
Our deadline for receipt of Non EU Undergraduate Applications is 30th June 2020.
An application fee of €35 will apply when submitting a Non EU Undergraduate application to NUI Galway (you may apply for up to two programmes).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ's)
Frequently asked questions regarding the application process.
NEWS, EVENTS & FEATURES
For more information on student activities, information evenings, open days and all other events of interest.