Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Undergraduate Applications (Non-EU Full Degree)
Students applying for full undergraduate degree programmes from outside of the European Union (EU), and who are liable for full non-EU tuition fees, should apply directly to the International Affairs Office at NUI Galway.
Students applying for undergraduate medicine should apply directly to the School of Medicine, please note that applications for medicine will not be processed by the International Affairs Office.
Your application must include:
- The completed Non-EU Undergraduate Application Form
- Original or certified copies of school transcripts/examination certificates (or forecast results if available). Where an applicant has not yet completed Secondary School (High School), the most recent transcript should be submitted. Transcripts and graduation/examination certificates should be translated into english where neccessary.
- SAT and/or ACT scorecard (US Applicants). The NUI Galway SAT code is 5878. The NUI Galway ACT code is 5351.
- A copy of your Passport
- A Personal Statement (typed) of no more than 800 words outlining your academic interests, sporting and/or cultural interests and your reasons for wanting to study at NUI Galway. You may also include aspects of your academic career that are not necessarily reflected in your application.
- Two Letters of Recommendation (in a sealed envelope), ideally from a teacher and/guidance counsellor or someone who knows you personally.
- IELTS or TOEFL certificate, in the case of applicants whose first language is not English.
How to Submit your Application
Please submit your complete application by mail to:
International Affairs Office
National University of Ireland, Galway
7 Distillery Road
When to Apply
Applications for entry September can be submitted from 1 November of the previous year. Decisions on applications are made on a rolling basis throughout the year, so you should apply as early as possible. Applicants can expect a decision usually within 4-6 weeks of submitting a complete application.
Our deadline for receipt of NON EU Undergraduate Applications is Friday 28th June 2019.
There is no application fee for Non-EU Undergraduate Applications.
ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM
For more information on specific courses of interest.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ's)
Frequently asked questions regarding the application process.
NEWS, EVENTS & FEATURES
For more information on student activities, information evenings, open days and all other events of interest.