IT Online programmes available in 2016
Find Out More
FAQs :: Am I eligible to apply and are there essential prerequisites?
You are eligible to apply if you have a 3rd level qualification of Level 7 or higher on the National Framework of Qualifications - NFQ.
All IT Online programmes are open to:
- Honours degree graduates (minimum 2nd class honours) in Science, Engineering or other relevant disciplines
- Ordinary/pass degree graduates with 3 years relevant experience.
- Level 7 diploma graduates with 3 years relevant experience.
Applicants without formal qualifications are not eligible to apply.
Applicants with a Level 6 qualification are not eligible to apply. Work experience, though extreemely valuable, does not eliminate the Level 7 requirement for applicants. We recommend that you complete a level 7 qualification first and then apply. See the level 7 (ordinary degrees) from NUIG.
Basic computer skills are required pre-requisites before starting an IT Online course. These skills include:
- Downloading, installing, and working with software
- Using the Internet to search, browse, and retrieve information and to participate in online discussions
- Using e-mail
- Opening, creating, saving, and uploading files