LightFORUM is the industrial outreach activity of LightHouse. This branch of LighHOUSE provides a framework in which technology transfer and industry outreach are fostered and opportunities for collaboration between industries and NUI,Galway are created. It is driven by the newly formed Centre for Applied Photonics at NUI,Galway. This Centre brings together the expertise and resources of both the Applied Optics and NCLA research groups.
Notice of postponement :
LightForum evening meeting on
has been postponed until the new year.
“Exploiting Light to Make, Monitor and Measure.
A Regional Perspective on Technology Transfer in Lasers and Optics ”
The event is supported by the Bestnet Skillsnet.
Numbers will be limited for this event.
For more information, or to reserve a place, please contact Tony Flaherty
The fourth LightFORUM meeting took place in Galway on April 17th 2008.
For more information, click here.
LightFORUM is an inclusive network of affiliates of laser and optics research programmes at NUI Galway.
- Training in laser and optics technologies
- Access to university-based technology programmes
- Networking opportunities with other inductrial users of optics and laser technologies
- Access to university-based staff and postgraduate students
- University company placement opportunities
- Part time PhD and MSc programmes
- Opportunity to advise the Centre for Optical Science and Laser Engineering on industry needs
- Access to international developments in selected areas of laser and optics technologies
- Opportunities to meet distinguished international visitors
For a list of current and recent events visit the events page.