Welcome to the Discipline of OtoRhinoLaryngology
OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY is the speciality that deals with the diagnosis and management of diseases of the ear, nose and throat. The speciality also includes all aspects of congenital and acquired diseases of the Head and Neck. It involves dealing with patients of all ages and as a speciality ORL is responsible for the surgical management of more paediatric patients than any other surgical discipline.
The Discipline of OtoRhinoLaryngology at the National University of Ireland Galway, strives to be a centre of excellence for otolaryngology by providing high quality, state-of-the-art patient care, education and research delivered in the most efficient and effective manner.
Our goals are to provide:
- The highest possible quality of care to our patients
- The finest possible educational experience for our trainees including medical students, residents, fellows, and physicians in practice
- To sustain a culture which fosters imagination, creativity, innovation, and discovery
- To engage in high impact basic and translational research seeking improved understanding of causes of disease, more efficient diagnosis, and introduction of novel therapies
- To invent new technological applications designed to optimize therapy of challenging clinical problems
- To collaborate widely with industry and academia to engage in better understanding and treatment of different otorhynolaryngology disorders