Armed Conflict in Comparative Perspective
Armed Conflict in Comparative Perspective - May 18th 2012
Time / Date / Venue: 9.00am - 5.00pm, Friday 18 May, Aula Maxima, National University of Ireland, Galway.
A conference of the Centre for the Study of Nationalism and Organised Violence featuring:
- Prof. Kristine Höglund (Uppsala University, Sweden)
- Prof. Stathis Kalyvas (Yale University, USA)
- Prof. Eric Kaufmann (Birkbeck College, University of London)
- Prof. Tom Lodge (University of Limerick, Ireland)
- Prof. Siniša Malešević (University College Dublin, Ireland)
- Dr Niall Ó Dochartaigh (National University of Ireland Galway)
- Prof. Brendan O'Leary (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
- Prof. Martin Shaw (Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals/University of Sussex, UK)
This multidisciplinary conference brings together leading scholars working on aspects of armed conflict from a range of disciplinary perspectives. It addresses key issues of concern to sociologists, political scientists and historians studying inter-state wars, civil wars, armed conflicts, urban violence and insurgencies.
This conference is supported by the Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences, the Moore Institute and the Institute for Business, Social Sciences and Public Policy, NUI Galway.
All are welcome. For more information and to register to attend, plese contact email@example.com