Nautical Science, Navigation, and the Exploration of the Atlantic - The XVII Reunion of the International Committee for the History of Nautical Science: October 2-4
The Hardiman Research Building G010 seminar room
Date & Time
2nd October, 2014 @ 09:00:00
The XVII Reunion of the International Committee for the History of Nautical Science
The theme of the 2014 conference will be: Nautical Science, Navigation, and the Exploration of the Atlantic
The theme will incorporate many ideas, including, but not limited to:
- The role of nautical science in opening the Atlantic in the Age of the Discoveries and later
- The transmission of knowledge of the Atlantic through various methods: piloting, experience, literature and propaganda, state institutions, etc.
- What is the Atlantic? International perspectives
- The role of the Atlantic in local and national cultures
- The history of Atlantic exploration
Conference Language: English
Successful applicants should note that presentations should not exceed 30 minutes.
The ICHNS is already in the process of negotiation to publish these papers in an edited, peer-reviewed volume of the conference proceedings.
Moreover, this year sees the presentation of the first Luis de Albuquerque Prize for Outstanding Paper at the conference, which will be chosen by the audience.
Registration fee for speakers: €30
Please send your submissions to Edward Collins (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org) with a CV and an abstract of between 150 to 200 words before the end of July 2014. The titles and abstracts will appear on the website once the programme is complete.