Thesis Deadlines 2015-16
All theses to be examined in the 2014-15 academic year must be submitted by Sunday, August 21st, 2016.
This is a strict deadline!
All students submitting theses in the 2015-16 academic year must complete the MCT626 module in that year.
If you have not completed MCT626 this year, and you plan to submit your thesis in August, please contact Aisling.Monahan@nuigalway.ie as soon as possible.
To submit your thesis, refer to the Thesis e-submission Guidelines 2015-16 for the college that your advisor is in (NUIG or Regis).
Warning: The thesis deadline is an important deadline. After a thesis is submitted, there are a number of steps that must be submitted (below). The time required to complete all of these steps (after you submit) means that the deadline is a hard deadline. Extensions are not possible. If one of these steps is missed, you will not be able to graduate until next year and that means a repeat year. Please work towards this precise deadline of the 21st August.
The steps that happen after you submit your thesis:
- Your advisor examines, assesses and provides a preliminary grade for your thesis.
- A second-reader examines, assesses and provides a preliminary grade for your thesis.
- Your advisor and second-reader meet to discuss your thesis and agree a grade.
- There are two IT Dept. board meetings to discuss theses and the effect of that on a student's overall MScSED result.
- Grades go to the grades office (by a tight deadline) so that a student can graduate.
Note: If you think you will not be able to deliver by the deadline, contact Majella. We will do what is possible to help but you need to be aware of the importance of this deadline.