Thesis Deadlines 2014-15
All theses to be examined in the 2014-15 academic year must be submitted by Sunday, August 23rd, 2015.
(The e-submission guidelines request submission by Friday 21st August but submission by the end of that weekend is perfectly acceptable as many IT Online students spend a lot of their weekends working.)
See the warning below about this deadline!
All students submitting theses in the 2014-15 academic year must complete the MCT626 module in that year.
If you have not completed MCT626 this year, and you plan to submit your thesis in August, please contact Aisling.Monahan@nuigalway.ie as soon as possible.
To submit your thesis, refer to the Thesis e-submission Guidelines 2014-15 for the college that your advisor is in (NUIG or Regis).
Warning: For your information, the thesis deadline is an important deadline. After a thesis is submitted, there are a number of steps that must be submitted as outlined below. As you can imagine, the time required to complete all of these steps, and then for a thesis grade to be added to your results, before graduation is very tight. As a result, extensions are generally not possible. If a step below misses its deadline, you will not be able to graduate until next year and that means a repeat year. Please work towards this precise deadline of the 23rd August.
The steps that happen after you submit your thesis:
- Your advisor examines, assesses and provides a preliminary grade for your thesis.
- A second-reader examines, assesses and provides a preliminary grade for your thesis.
- Your advisor and second-reader meet to discuss your thesis and agree a grade.
- There are two IT Dept. board meetings to discuss theses and the effect of that on a student's overall MScSED result.
- Grades go to the grades office (by a tight deadline) so that a student can graduate.