Thesis Deadlines 2015-16
All theses to be examined in the 2014-15 academic year must be submitted by Sunday, August 21st, 2016.
This is a strict deadline!
All students submitting theses in the 2015-16 academic year must complete MCT626 module in that year. It is essential to complete MCT626 in the year that you submit your thesis (even if you have taken that module previously).
If you have not completed MCT626 to date in 2015/16 and you plan to submit your thesis in August, please contact Aisling.Monahan@nuigalway.ie as soon as possible to ensure you are rostered to a class.
To submit your thesis, refer to the Thesis e-submission Guidelines 2015-16 for the college that your advisor is in (NUIG or Regis). Note: Majella sent these guidelines (individually) to each student planning to submit this year. Check your e-mail for these guidelines.
Warning: The thesis deadline is an important deadline. After a thesis is submitted, there are a number of steps that must be completed (below). The time required to complete all of these steps (after you submit) means that the deadline is a hard deadline. Extensions are not possible. If one of these steps is missed, you will not be able to graduate until next year and that means a repeat year. Please work towards this precise deadline of the 21st August.
The steps that happen after you submit your thesis:
- Your advisor examines, assesses and provides a preliminary grade for your thesis.
- A second-reader examines, assesses and provides a preliminary grade for your thesis.
- Your advisor and second-reader meet to discuss your thesis and agree a grade.
- There are two IT Department board-meetings to discuss theses (and the effect of that on a student's overall MScSED result).
- Final grades are sent to the grades office (again, by a tight deadline) to ensure that a student graduates in this academic year.
Note: If you think you will not be able to deliver by the deadline, contact Majella. We will do what is possible to help but you need to be aware of the importance of this deadline.