Applied Social Science and Public Policy
NUI Galway has an international reputation in this research area. We have inter-disciplinary research activity across the Colleges of Commerce, Law, Arts and Medicine, as well as an academic structure within the University that facilities collaboration between research departments. We are committed to improving our understanding of innovation and social entrepreneurial strategies. Our researchers examine economic innovation and social change and different academic disciplines in the social sciences to explore issues of innovation, social inclusion, balanced development and health.
Research Institutes, Centres, and Units
- Centre for Clinical Health Services Research and Development (CCHSRD)
- Health Promotion Research Centre (HPRC)
- Irish Centre for Human Rights (ICHR)
- Institute for Lifecourse and Society:
- Whitaker Institute for Innovation and Societal Change