Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Expenses for Trips Cancelled COVID-19
Expenses for Trips Cancelled (COVID-19)
Claiming expenses for trips that are cancelled due to Coronavirus
The University’s position is that staff should not be out of pocket as a result of having booked travel & accommodation for bona fide University business related trips that are cancelled as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Impacted staff should take the following steps in relation to such cancellations:
- Staff should check the cancellation terms on relevant travel tickets and engage with their travel consultant (e.g. Club Travel Rep) as soon as possible to ascertain steps for possible refunds/credits
- Staff should seek to rearrange any flight bookings, even if they are not certain of the future travel dates. Such deferred travel arrangements may then be rearranged on paying a small ‘change fee’ at a later date, thereby preventing loss of the full fare.
- Where staff elect not to travel or cancels their ticket, they should instruct their agent (e.g. Club Travel) to recover the taxes at least.
- Staff should inform the University’s Head of Insurance Services, Ms Susan Cavanagh, email@example.com of cancelled tickets/accommodation. Please see advice regarding the University's travel insurance policy here: NUI Galway Travel Insurance policy, 6 March 2020
Note that the University’s travel insurance policy may cover part of any loss incurred as a result of Covid-19 related cancellations. In this regard, the Insurers will seek to confirm compliance with applicable University policies and bookings made via the University’s contracted supplier, Club Travel, are likely to be prioritised over bookings organised privately.
Staff who were reimbursed via Agresso already for Trips that have now been cancelled
Please follow the steps outlined above for "Claiming expenses for trips that are cancelled due to Covid-19".
If you will be refunded directly into your own bank account then you can return the payment you already received from the University to the following bank account and please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm transfer.
Bank of Ireland, 43 Eyre Square
Account No: 28453773
IBAN No: IE42BOFI90381628453773
Enter a relevant bank statement narrative so that the accounts office can identify what the payment is for. Ensure the narrative includes your: 6 digit staff/scholarship ID number– Your Name or just surname if it doesn't fit - The Cost Centre and ensure you reference Expenses. E.G. 123456 J Bloggs R000 Expenses (If Expenses doesn't fit than use Exp)