Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
New Student Postgrad
Welcome to NUI Galway!
How do I Register?
In order to register for 17/18 after 31st September, you must...
- Obtain Permission from College / School and forward to email@example.com
- Contact the Fees Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the Fees Office have cleared you to register, email email@example.com with confirmation of same.
- If you are a 1st year - your student ID card can be picked up from SID, otherwise the card you had from last year will still work once you are registered.
- To add modules to your curriculum after online registration has closed - please contact the College Office
NOTE: You can log in and view your curriculum / modules selection at any time.
This Online Registration record must correspond with your Blackboard Account. If your Blackboard details do not match your Online account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately as this may have implications for your personal exam timetable.
Structured PhD / Research Students - only
- Module registration is open for changes from Friday, December 1st to Thursday, December 21st.
- If you wish to add modules to your record in the meantime - please click here to access your record
What is Registration?
Registration is the collection and maintenance of student data. All information is stored centrally on the Student Record System. All students at NUI Galway must register ONLINE to become students of the University each year, this is obligatory.
How do I register?
- Registration takes place online.
- NOTE: If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first or old NUI Galway ID number, you will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number and should not register using your PAC application number.
- Please note the implications of not using your old/existing number: Important Notice for Past Students Returning to NUI Galway via CAO or PAC
- FOR 17/18 INCOMING NON-EU STUDENTS:
You must first go to the Fees Office and sort out any Fees owed (Ground Floor, Áras Uí Chathail) and then call to the Registration Help desks located on the 1st Floor, Áras Uí Chathail from 24th August 2017. Please bring with you your passport.
When do I Register?
Online registration for 2017/18 will open on 24th August, 2017. Online Registration closes on the 18th of September, 2017 for taught postgraduate courses and on 31st October, 2017 for Structured and Research postgraduate courses. During August, students should register as soon as possible to gain access to University services such as Student ID Card, Library, Blackboard, Access to rooms etc.
New PhD & Research Postgrad Students
1. Starting after March 1st: View details here Registration Summary – Research Postgrad students
2. Starting before March 1st: Online registration is now closed. Firstly email email@example.com &
get cleared by Fees. Once cleared by Fees, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ID noumber,
course instance & research area (650 code).
I cannot upload a photo online what will I do?
New NUI Galway students and NUIG students who attended pre-2001 must submit a passport-type
photograph, as this is required for your I.D. card. This can be done via PAC http://www.pac.ie/
- See http://www.nuigalway.ie/postgrad/pac_offers.html#photo for details
What is my login?
Firstly, you must log onto Online Registration and register http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration.
New to NUIG...?
Already a NUIG graduate...?
LOG ON DETAILS:
Your Student ID no. and password are contained in the registration information already sent to you.
|LOG ON DETAILS:
User name: Your existing NUIG student no.
Password: Your existing password
If you cannot remember either, visit http://cass.nuigalway.ie/
Once registered, it is vital that you setup your Campus Account - Click here for details.
I would like to update my home address but I am not allowed to do so on My Campus.
To update your home address e-mail email@example.com stating your ID number, your old address and your current address.
How can I check if I have registered correctly?
Once you register your modules on My Campus and click ’Finish’ your modules are registered. You should then print a copy for your own records. Click here to access you registration record.
Can I register without paying fees?
- Yes. You can register without paying fees as you will have a 'pay now' or 'pay later' option available to you.
- If you are in receipt of a SUSI grant, you must provide your SUSI reference number (in the format W1XXXXXXXXXXX) when you complete your online registration details. If you are unable to provide your SUSI reference number when confirming your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Failure to provide same may result in non payment of your grant.
- If you have any queries in relation to your application please contact SUSI directly
Non-EU Student Information
FOR 17/18 INCOMING NON-EU STUDENTS:
1. Students who have paid their fees in full:
Please be aware that you can register online.
2. Students who have not paid their fees in full:
- If you fees are not fully paid you must first go to the Fees Office and sort out Fees owed (Ground Floor, Áras Uí Chathail) and then
- call to the Registration Help desks located on the 1st Floor, Áras Uí Chathail from 24th August 2017. Please bring with you your passport and proof of fees paid.
Your Campus Account provides, access using a single user ID and password, to PC Suites, Email & Microsoft Office 365 Apps, WiFi, Blackboard, Library Systems, Online Registration, MyCampus, Exam Timetables and Exam Results.
Once you have registered , click on the CASS logo above to set up your Campus Account
If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first (or old) NUI Galway ID number. You will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number (please do not register using your PAC application number). There are, unfortunately, implications for your student account if you register under the wrong number; you can read these here .