About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
New Student Undergrad
Welcome to NUI Galway!
You can access useful information such as orientation, accommodation, student services at here.
How do I Register?
In order to register for 17/18 after 31st September, you must...
- Obtain Permission from College / School and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Fees Office at email@example.com
- Once the Fees Office have cleared you to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org with confirmation of same.
- If you are a 1st year - your student ID card can be picked up from SID, otherwise the card you had from last year will still work once you are registered.
- To add modules to your curriculum after online registration has closed - please contact the College Office
NOTE: You can log in and view your curriculum / modules selection at any time.
This Online Registration record must correspond with your Blackboard Account. If your Blackboard details do not match your Online account, contact email@example.com immediately as this may have implications for your personal exam timetable.
What is Registration?
Registration is the collection and maintenance of student data. All information is stored centrally on the Student Record System. All students at NUI Galway must register ONLINE to become students of the University each year, this is obligatory.
Will I receive registration information in the post?
You will receive an email from the registration team once your details are transferred from the CAO. This email will direct you to our Registration page especially designed for new incoming 1st year students. On this webpage, there is a link to our Online Registration Guide (how to register) and you should read this before registering.
How do I register?
- Registration takes place online, please see http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration for more information.
- NOTE: If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first or old NUI Galway ID number, you will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number and should not register using your PAC application number.
- Please note the implications of not using your old/existing number here: Merge ID Numbers
- FOR NON-EU STUDENTS: please be aware that you must register in person, by firstly going to the Fees Office and sorting out Fees owed (Ground Floor, Áras Uí Chathail) and secondly calling to the Registration Help desks located on the 1st Floor, Áras Uí Chathail from 24th August 2017. Please bring with you your passport and proof of fees paid.
- The Registration Help desks are open from the 21st of August to the 30th of September, Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5pm
Can I register without paying fees?
- Yes. You can register without paying fees as you will have a ’pay now’ or ’pay later’ option available to you.
- If you have applied for a SUSI grant, you must provide your SUSI reference number (in the format W1XXXXXXXXXXX) when you complete your online registration details. If you are unable to provide your SUSI reference number when confirming your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Failure to provide same may result in non payment of your grant.
- If you have any queries in relation to your application please contact SUSI directly.
When do I register?
Online registration opens on 24th August, 2017 . Change of Mind available from 11th to 18th September.
NOTE: Monday, 18th September is final date for registration and module selection.
Students must register as soon as possible to gain access to University services such as Student , Library, Blackboard, Access to rooms etc.
I cannot upload a photo online what will I do?
- All first year students must load a passport sized photo which will be printed on your Student ID card. Upload a passport sized photo of yourself if one does not exist, under the 'Profile' tab in online registration on or before *** (date to be specified). Click for more details.
What is my login?
- Firstly, you must log onto Online Registration and register http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration Your logon is as follows:- User Name is : Your CAO number, password as indicated in the Online Registration guide
- Once registered, it is vital that you setup your Campus Account - Click icon below for details
I would like to update my home address but I am not allowed to do so on My Campus.
To update your home address e-mail email@example.com stating your ID number, your old address and your current address.
How can I check if I have registered correctly?
Once you register your modules on My Campus and click ’Finish’ your modules are registered. You should then print a copy for your own records. Click here to access you registration record.
I am unable to attend on the appointed day to collect my student ID card, what will I do?
That is not a problem, just come along to the 1st Floor, Áras Uí Chathail as soon as you can, and preferably in the morning. Don't forget to bring along your birth certificate, passport or driving licence and your PPS number as we will have to look and verify these items before we can issue you with a student ID card. (You will not get your ID unless you produce at least on of the three forms of documentation listed above).
Non-EU Student Information
FOR 17/18 INCOMING NON-EU STUDENTS:
You must first go to the Fees Office and sort out any Fees owed (Ground Floor, Áras Uí Chathail) and then call to the Registration Help desks located on the 1st Floor, Áras Uí Chathail from 24th August 2017. Please bring with you your passport.
Your Campus Account provides, access using a single user ID and password, to PC Suites, Email & Microsoft Office 365 Apps, WiFi, Blackboard, Library Systems, Online Registration, MyCampus, Exam Timetables and Exam Results.
Once you have registered , click on the CASS logo above to set up your Campus Account
If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first (or old) NUI Galway ID number. You will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number (please do not register using your PAC application number). There are, unfortunately, implications for your student account if you register under the wrong number; you can read these here .