Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
New Student Postgrad
Welcome to NUI Galway
Research & Taught Postgraduate students!
- Online Registration for Research & Taught Postgraduate Programmes is now closed. See FAQ's below for information on How to Register
Copy of mail available to download - 1st Year Research Postgrad - here and 1st Year Taught Postgrad to here/LG
- You will be contacted via the email address provided on your postgraduate application.
- The Registration Help desks are now closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, noting your course code and student ID number in your query.
If your course allows you to choose different subjects / modules, you should direct any queries directly to the Discipline. Each department has guidelines regarding subject choices and options. Click here for details of College Offices
Structured PhD / Research Students - only
- Online module registration / change of mind is open now until Friday, 18th December .
- Please click here to access your student portal
What is Registration?
Registration is the collection and maintenance of student data. All information is stored centrally on the Student Record System. All students at NUI Galway must register ONLINE to become students of the University each year, this is obligatory.
When do I Register ?
Online Registration opens on Sept 1st for 1st Year Research and Sept 15th for 1st Year Taught postgrad.
You cannot register before your relevant opening date.
You will receive an email from registration a few days before Online Registration opens inviting you to register online. During September, students should register as soon as possible for their progamme to gain access to University services such as Student ID Card, Library, Blackboard, Access to rooms etc.
How do I Register ?
1. Log into your student portal below when online registration opens for your programme
2. Pay Fees now or later
3. Choose Subjects / modules
4. ID Card distribution to be confirmed near to start of term. ( See here for ID card guidelines)
A copy of Registration correspondence sent to all incoming 1st year students will be available to view shortly.
*Your default password is noted in your welcome email.
What is my login ?
Your logon is a combination of a Username and Password. Your Username is your student ID number. Password details will be noted in your welcome email. Details will also be indicated in the Online Registration guide
I am a past student of this University, do I get a new ID number?
No. Please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first (or old) NUI Galway ID number. You will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number and should not register using your application number.
Please note the implications of not using your old/existing number: Important Notice for Past Students
How do I select subjects / modules?
For any queries selecting your modules please refer to your course handbook and/or Department website.
(* if no subjects appear on your record after registration is complete, email email@example.com ASAP)
NOTE: You can log into your student portal here and view your curriculum / modules selection at any time.
How do I get my student ID Card?
For ID card info please click here
Where do I get my course timetable ?
All queries regarding course handbooks, timetables, and module selection ( including quotas) should be directed to the department or College Office
I didnt upload a photo online, what will I do?
You can email a suitable photo to firstname.lastname@example.org noting your student ID number in the subject title of the email.
I would like to update my home address but I am not allowed to do so on my Student Portal.
To update your home address e-mail email@example.com stating your ID number, your old address and your current address.
How can I check if I have registered correctly?
You can check your registration record at any time on your Student Portal- here .
Can I register without paying fees?
- Yes, when the online registration window is open. You can register without paying fees as you will have a 'pay now' or 'pay later' option available to you.
- If you are in receipt of a SUSI grant, you must provide your SUSI reference number (in the format W1XXXXXXXXXXX) when you complete your online registration details. If you are unable to provide your SUSI reference number when confirming your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Failure to provide same may result in non payment of your grant.
- If you have any queries in relation to your application please contact SUSI directly
Non-EU Student Information
FOR 20/21 INCOMING NON-EU STUDENTS: Click here for Registration Information
I can't login to my student portal / change password / access my email...what do I do ?
Check the following link http://www.nuigalway.ie/information-solutions-services/services-for-students/ for guidance / further information.