Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
New Student Postgrad
Welcome to NUI Galway
Research & Taught Postgraduate students!
If your course allows you to choose different subjects / modules, you should direct any queries directly to the Discipline. Each department has guidelines regarding subject choices and options. Click here for details of College Offices
Click here for copy of correspondence sent to 1st Year Taught Postgraduate Students and download guide below.
What is Registration?
Registration is the collection and maintenance of student data. All information is stored centrally on the Student Record System. All students at NUI Galway must register ONLINE to become students of the University each year, this is obligatory.
When do I Register?
Online registration for 1st Year Postgraduate Taught and Research students open on Monday, 20th August, 2018. You will receive an email from registration a few days before Online Registration opens inviting you to register online. A copy of this correspondence is available here to download. During August, students should register as soon as possible for their prorgamme to gain access to University services such as Student ID Card, Library, Blackboard, Access to rooms etc.
New PhD & Research Postgrad Students for 2018/19 Academic Year
1. Starting after March 1st: View details here Registration Summary – Research Postgrad students
2. Starting before March 1st: Online registration is now closed. Firstly email firstname.lastname@example.org &
get cleared by Fees. Once cleared by Fees, email email@example.com with your ID number,
course instance & research area (650 code).
How do I register?
Online registration has now closed for 2018/2019. If you wish to Register for this academic year, the following is required and in the order listed below:
NOTE: If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first or old NUI Galway ID number, you will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number and should not register using your application number.
- Please note the implications of not using your old/existing number: Important Notice for Past Students Returning to NUI Galway via CAO or PAC
How do I select subjects / modules?
- You must get approval from your Course Director with regard to what modules you are allowed to take at this stage. You can list the modules you want to take and email your Course Director, copying firstname.lastname@example.org. Once he/she approves the mail, we can add the modules for you.
Important Exam Timetable Information:
Please note that the Exam timetable has now been produced, any module addition will not appear on your personal timetable. When the exam timetable goes ‘live’ you must then call to the Student Information Centre, Ground Floor, Áras Uí Chathail (check www.nuigalway.ie/sid for opening hours) to register as an ‘Exam Late Entry’ for any semester 1 modules that are missing from your exam timetable.
Any Deleted modules at this stage will appear on your personal timetable but you can ignore this as it has been deleted from your registration record and will not appear on your exam results.
There are 4 options available to you, depending on your course:
- Courses that have subjects/modules that are all compulsory (i.e. Core) - these are automatically added to you record once you have completed registration.
- Courses that have both optional and core subjects/modules - these are available to select online, click here for guidelines
- Courses that have all optional subjects / modules - these are available to select online, click here for guidelines
- Courses with no subjects/modules - once you are registered - your record is completed. *
(* if no subjects appear on your record after registration is complete, email email@example.com ASAP)
If I miss Online Registration, how do I Register?
- Obtain Permission from College / School and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Fees Office at email@example.com . Once the Fees Office have cleared you to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org with confirmation of same.
- If you are a 1st year - your student ID card can be picked up from SID, otherwise the card you had from last year will still work once you are registered.
- To add modules to your curriculum after online registration has closed - please contact the College Office
- New students: your default password is galwayddmm (galway plus your date of birth, eg 10 May - galway1005)
NOTE: You can log in here and view your curriculum / modules selection at any time.
I cannot upload a photo online what will I do?
New NUI Galway students and NUIG students who attended pre-2001 must submit a passport-type
photograph, as this is required for your I.D. card. This can be done via PAC http://www.pac.ie/
- See http://www.nuigalway.ie/postgrad/pac_offers.html#photo for details
What is my login?
Firstly, you must log onto Online Registration and register http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration.
New to NUIG...?
Already a NUIG graduate...?
LOG ON DETAILS:
Username: Student ID no. /Application number (in the format - 18XXXXXX)
Password: galwayddmm( galway plus your date of birth, eg 10 May - galway1005)
|LOG ON DETAILS:
User name: Your existing NUIG student no.
Password: Your existing password
If you cannot remember either, visit http://cass.nuigalway.ie/
Once registered, it is vital that you setup your Campus Account - Click here for details.
I would like to update my home address but I am not allowed to do so on My Campus.
To update your home address e-mail email@example.com stating your ID number, your old address and your current address.
How can I check if I have registered correctly?
Once you register your modules on My Campus and click ’Finish’ your modules are registered. You should then print a copy for your own records. Click here to access you registration record.
Can I register without paying fees?
- Yes. You can register without paying fees as you will have a 'pay now' or 'pay later' option available to you.
- If you are in receipt of a SUSI grant, you must provide your SUSI reference number (in the format W1XXXXXXXXXXX) when you complete your online registration details. If you are unable to provide your SUSI reference number when confirming your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Failure to provide same may result in non payment of your grant.
- If you have any queries in relation to your application please contact SUSI directly
Non-EU Student Information
FOR 18/19 INCOMING NON-EU STUDENTS:
Click here for Registration Information
Your Campus Account provides, access using a single user ID and password, to PC Suites, Email & Microsoft Office 365 Apps, WiFi, Blackboard, Library Systems, Online Registration, MyCampus, Exam Timetables and Exam Results.
Once you have registered , click on the CASS logo above to set up your Campus Account
If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first (or old) NUI Galway ID number. You will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number (please do not register using your application number). There are, unfortunately, implications for your student account if you register under the wrong number; you can read these here .