Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
New Student Postgrad
Welcome to NUI Galway!
Online Registration for 17/18 is now closed. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
*Please note you cannot register for the 18/19 academic year until August 2018
What is Registration?
Registration is the collection and maintenance of student data. All information is stored centrally on the Student Record System. All students at NUI Galway must register ONLINE to become students of the University each year, this is obligatory.
When do I Register?
Online registration for 1st Year Postgraduate Taught and Research students open on Monday, 20th August, 2018. You will receive an email from registration a few days before Online Registration opens inviting you to register online. A copy of this correspondence will also be available here to download. During August, students should register as soon as possible for their prorgamme to gain access to University services such as Student ID Card, Library, Blackboard, Access to rooms etc.
New PhD & Research Postgrad Students for 2017/18 Academic Year
1. Starting after March 1st: View details here Registration Summary – Research Postgrad students
2. Starting before March 1st: Online registration is now closed. Firstly email firstname.lastname@example.org &
get cleared by Fees. Once cleared by Fees, email email@example.com with your ID noumber,
course instance & research area (650 code).
How do I register?
- New students: Username is your PAC Number (or existing NUIG ID Number if applicable) ; your default password is galwayddmm (galway plus your date of birth, eg 10 May - galway1005)
- Pay Fees now or later
- Choose subjects / modules
- NOTE: You must select all your /subjects modules when you login to register ( eg 60, 90 ects depending on your course). You cannot exit without selecting the full credits for your course.
- ID card available to collect week beginning 4th September - schedule to follow
- NOTE: If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first or old NUI Galway ID number, you will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number and should not register using your PAC application number.
- Please note the implications of not using your old/existing number: Important Notice for Past Students Returning to NUI Galway via CAO or PAC
- FOR 18/19 INCOMING NON-EU STUDENTS:
You must first go to the Fees Office and sort out any Fees owed (Ground Floor, Áras Uí Chathail) and then call to the Registration Help desks located on the 1st Floor, Áras Uí Chathail in August 2018. Please bring with you your passport.
How do I select subjects / modules?
There are 4 options available to you, depending on your course:
- Courses that have subjects/modules that are all compulsory (i.e. Core) - these are automatically added to you record once you have completed registration.
- Courses that have both optional and core subjects/modules - these are available to select online, click here for guidelines
- Courses that have all optional subjects / modules - these are available to select online, click here for guidelines
- Courses with no subjects/modules - once you are registered - your record is completed. *
(* if no subjects appear on your record after registration is complete, email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP)
If I miss Online Registration, how do I Register?
- Obtain Permission from College / School and forward to email@example.com
- Contact the Fees Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . Once the Fees Office have cleared you to register, email email@example.com with confirmation of same.
- If you are a 1st year - your student ID card can be picked up from SID, otherwise the card you had from last year will still work once you are registered.
- To add modules to your curriculum after online registration has closed - please contact the College Office
- New students: your default password is galwayddmm (galway plus your date of birth, eg 10 May - galway1005)
NOTE: You can log in here and view your curriculum / modules selection at any time.
I cannot upload a photo online what will I do?
New NUI Galway students and NUIG students who attended pre-2001 must submit a passport-type
photograph, as this is required for your I.D. card. This can be done via PAC http://www.pac.ie/
- See http://www.nuigalway.ie/postgrad/pac_offers.html#photo for details
What is my login?
Firstly, you must log onto Online Registration and register http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration.
New to NUIG...?
Already a NUIG graduate...?
LOG ON DETAILS:
Username: Student ID no. / PAC number (in the format - 18XXXXXX)
Password: galwayddmm( galway plus your date of birth, eg 10 May - galway1005)
|LOG ON DETAILS:
User name: Your existing NUIG student no.
Password: Your existing password
If you cannot remember either, visit http://cass.nuigalway.ie/
Once registered, it is vital that you setup your Campus Account - Click here for details.
I would like to update my home address but I am not allowed to do so on My Campus.
To update your home address e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating your ID number, your old address and your current address.
How can I check if I have registered correctly?
Once you register your modules on My Campus and click ’Finish’ your modules are registered. You should then print a copy for your own records. Click here to access you registration record.
Can I register without paying fees?
- Yes. You can register without paying fees as you will have a 'pay now' or 'pay later' option available to you.
- If you are in receipt of a SUSI grant, you must provide your SUSI reference number (in the format W1XXXXXXXXXXX) when you complete your online registration details. If you are unable to provide your SUSI reference number when confirming your place, please email email@example.com . Failure to provide same may result in non payment of your grant.
- If you have any queries in relation to your application please contact SUSI directly
Non-EU Student Information
FOR 18/19 INCOMING NON-EU STUDENTS:
1. Students who have paid their fees in full:
Please be aware that you can register online.
2. Students who have not paid their fees in full:
- If you fees are not fully paid you must first go to the Fees Office and sort out Fees owed (Ground Floor, Áras Uí Chathail) and then
- call to the Registration Help desks located on the 1st Floor, Áras Uí Chathail in August 2018. Please bring with you your passport and proof of fees paid.
Your Campus Account provides, access using a single user ID and password, to PC Suites, Email & Microsoft Office 365 Apps, WiFi, Blackboard, Library Systems, Online Registration, MyCampus, Exam Timetables and Exam Results.
Once you have registered , click on the CASS logo above to set up your Campus Account
If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first (or old) NUI Galway ID number. You will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number (please do not register using your PAC application number). There are, unfortunately, implications for your student account if you register under the wrong number; you can read these here .