Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
New Student Postgrad
Welcome to NUI Galway
Research & Taught Postgraduate students!
- Online Registration for Taught Postgraduate Programmes is now closed. See FAQ's below for information on How to Register
Copy of Correspondence mail available to download here
- You will be contacted via the email address provided on your postgraduate application.
- The Registration Help desks are now closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, noting your course code and student ID number in your query.
- Online Registration for Research Postgraduate Students is open until October 27th / Module Registration lopen until October 31st
If your course allows you to choose different subjects / modules, you should direct any queries directly to the Discipline. Each department has guidelines regarding subject choices and options. Click here for details of College Offices
How do I Register as a Research Postgraduate Student ONLY
What is Registration?
Registration is the collection and maintenance of student data. All information is stored centrally on the Student Record System. All students at NUI Galway must register ONLINE to become students of the University each year, this is obligatory.
When do I Register ?
Online registration for 1st Year Postgraduate Taught and Research students open on Friday, 19th August, 2019. You will receive an email from registration a few days before Online Registration opens inviting you to register online. A copy of this correspondence will be available here to download. During August, students should register as soon as possible for their progamme to gain access to University services such as Student ID Card, Library, Blackboard, Access to rooms etc.
How do I Register as a Taught Postgraduate Student when Online Registration Closes?
As Online registration has now closed for 2019/2020 . If you wish to Register for this academic year, the following is required and in the order listed below:
1. COLLEGE APPROVAL:Email The College Office for permission to return and register for the 19/20 Academic year, please forward a copy of this email to Reghelp with your student ID number.
2. CLEARANCE BY FEES: Contact the Fees Office (091 492386) or email@example.com . Fees need to clear you to register
3.STATEMENT OF INTENT TO REGISTER By STUDENT: In order for us to manually register you, we require your authorisation in writing if you want to register and accept the Universities Terms & Conditions.
I am hereby bound by the Terms & Conditions set out in the attached link and by emailig firstname.lastname@example.org, I confirm by consent.
Once the above 3 requirements are in order, we will register you
NOTE: If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first or old NUI Galway ID number, you will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number and should not register using your application number.
- Please note the implications of not using your old/existing number: Important Notice for Past Students Returning to NUI Galway via CAO or PAC
How do I select subjects / modules?
- TAUGHT POSTGRAD Students - You must get approval from your Course Director with regard to what modules you are allowed to take at this stage. You can list the modules you want to take and email your Course Director, copying email@example.com. Once he/she approves the mail, we can add the modules for you.
There are 4 options available to you, depending on your course:
- Courses that have subjects/modules that are all compulsory (i.e. Core) - these are automatically added to you record once you have completed registration.
- Courses that have both optional and core subjects/modules - these are available to select online, click here for guidelines
- Courses that have all optional subjects / modules - these are available to select online, click here for guidelines
- Courses with no subjects/modules - once you are registered - your record is completed. *
(* if no subjects appear on your record after registration is complete, email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP)
NOTE: You can log in here and view your curriculum / modules selection at any time.
I didnt upload a photo online, what will I do?
You can email a sjuiyable photo to email@example.com noting your student ID number in the subject title of the email.
I would like to update my home address but I am not allowed to do so on My Campus.
To update your home address e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating your ID number, your old address and your current address.
How can I check if I have registered correctly?
You can check your regsitration record at any time - here .
Can I register without paying fees?
- Yes, when the online regsitration window is open. You can register without paying fees as you will have a 'pay now' or 'pay later' option available to you.
- If you are in receipt of a SUSI grant, you must provide your SUSI reference number (in the format W1XXXXXXXXXXX) when you complete your online registration details. If you are unable to provide your SUSI reference number when confirming your place, please email email@example.com . Failure to provide same may result in non payment of your grant.
- If you have any queries in relation to your application please contact SUSI directly
Non-EU Student Information
FOR 19/20 INCOMING NON-EU STUDENTS:
Click here for Registration Information
Your Campus Account provides, access using a single user ID and password, to PC Suites, Email & Microsoft Office 365 Apps, WiFi, Blackboard, Library Systems, Online Registration, MyCampus, Exam Timetables and Exam Results.
Once you have registered , click on the CASS logo above to set up your Campus Account
If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first (or old) NUI Galway ID number. You will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number (please do not register using your application number). There are, unfortunately, implications for your student account if you register under the wrong number; you can read these here .