Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
New Student Undergrad
Welcome to NUI Galway!
- Online Registration for 1st Year Undergraduate programmes is now closed.
- First Year Adult Education students click here International Students Click Here
- The Registration Help desks are now closed - email firstname.lastname@example.org ( please include your course code and student id number your query )
If Online Registration is closed for your Programme the following is required to register for 19/20:
- COLLEGE PERMISSION: Obtain Permission from College / School and forward to email@example.com
- FEES: Contact the Fees Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . Once the Fees Office have cleared you to register, email email@example.com with confirmation of same.
- STUDENT: In order for us to manually register you, we require your authorisation, please reply to this email if you want to register and accept the Universities Terms & Conditions.
I am hereby bound by the Terms & Conditions set out in the attached link and by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org I confirm by consent.
- Your student ID card can be picked up from Student Registry Helpdesk, Ground Floor, Áras ui Chathail
- To add MODULES to your curriculum after online registration has closed - please contact the College Office, as we require their permission to make any changes to your record.
What is Registration?
Registration is the collection and maintenance of student data. All information is stored centrally on the Student Record System. All students at NUI Galway must register ONLINE to become students of the University each year, this is obligatory.
When do I register?
Students must register as soon as possible each academic year of their course, to gain access to University services such as Student , Library, Blackboard, Access to rooms etc.
Please see below for information regarding How to Register after Online Registration closes.
Will I receive registration information in the post?
You will receive an email from the registration team once your details are transferred from the CAO. This email will direct you to our Registration page especially designed for new incoming 1st year students. (This information will be sent to the email address which you provided in your CAO application - this email address can be changed once you are a registered student of NUI Galway). A copy of this correspondence is available view here / leagan gaeilge.
On this webpage, there is a link to our Online Registration Guide (how to register) and you should read this before registering.
How do I register?
Online registration has now closed for 2019/2020 . If you wish to Register for this academic year, the following is required and in the order listed below:
1. COLLEGE APPROVAL:Email The College Office for permission to return and register for the 19/20 Academic year, please forward a copy of this email to Reghelp with your student ID number.
2. CLEARANCE BY FEES: Contact the Fees Office (091 492386) or email@example.com . Fees need to clear you to register
3.STATEMENT OF INTENT TO REGISTER By STUDENT: In order for us to manually register you, we require your authorisation in writing if you want to register and accept the Universities Terms & Conditions.
I am hereby bound by the Terms & Conditions set out in the attached link and by emailig firstname.lastname@example.org, I confirm by consent.
Once the above 3 requirements are in order, we will register you
How do I select my modules/subjects ?
You must get approval from your Course Director with regard to what modules you are allowed to take at this stage. You can list the modules you want to take and email your Course Director, copying email@example.com. Once he/she approves the mail, we can add the modules for you.
- There are 4 options available to you, depending on your course:
- Courses that have subjects/modules that are all compulsory (i.e. Core) - these are automatically added to you record once you have completed registration.
- Courses that have both optional and core subjects/modules - these are available to select online, click here for guidelines
- Courses that have all optional subjects / modules - these are available to select online, click here for guidelines
- Courses with no subjects/modules - once you are registered - your record is completed. *
(* if no subjects appear on your record after registration is complete, email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP)
NOTE: You can log in here and view your curriculum / modules selection at any time.
Can I register without paying fees?
- Yes. You can register without paying fees as you will have a ’pay now’ or ’pay later’ option available to you during the Online Registration period.
- If you have applied for a SUSI grant, you must provide your SUSI reference number (in the format W1XXXXXXXXXXX) when you complete your online registration details. If you are unable to provide your SUSI reference number when confirming your place, please email email@example.com . Failure to provide same may result in non payment of your grant.
- If you have any queries in relation to your application please contact SUSI directly.
I cannot upload a photo online what will i do?
- All first year students must load a passport sized photo which will be printed on your Student ID card. As this online facility is now closed. please email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org noting your student ID number in the subject line of the email, and we can save to your record.
What is my login?
- Firstly, you must log onto Online Registration and register when it opens on Wednesday, 21st August. Your logon is a combination of a Username and Password. Your User Name is your CAO number. Password details are noted in your welcome email. Details are indicated in the Online Registration guide
- Once registered, it is vital that you setup your Campus Account - Click CASS icon below this FAQ section for details
I would like to update my home address but I am not allowed to do so on My Campus.
To update your home address e-mail email@example.com stating your ID number, your old address and your current address.
How can I check if I have registered correctly?
You can check your regsitration details at any time at the following link - here .
I didnt collect my ID card on the appointed day, what will I do?
That is not a problem, just come along to the Student Registry Helpdesk, Ground Floor, Áras Uí Chathail as soon as you can, and preferably in the morning. Don't forget to bring along your birth certificate, passport or driving licence and your PPS number as we will have to look and verify these items before we can issue you with a student ID card. (You will not get your ID unless you produce at least on of the three forms of documentation listed above).
I was on an Approved Leave of Absence last year, can I register online?
- If you were approved for a Leave of Absence for 2018/2019, you are progressed into 2019/2020 academic year automatically, and will receive registration correspondence via email. If you are not returning or wish to extend your Leave of Absence, please liaise directly with your College Office and they will in turn advise Registration.
- Once you re-register for 2019/2020, you will have access to systems and services. If you have any difficulties with your account, please email ISS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please email email@example.com to ensure your curriculum is correct and all exemptions have carried.
- EXEMPTIONS / PREVIOUSLY PASSED MODULES: It is your responsibility to ensure that all details of registered modules and exemptions listed on your registration statement are correct. Please note that you cannot resit any modules previously sat and passed. It is your responsibility to ensure that all details or registered modules and exemptions are correct.
Non-EU Student Information
FOR 19/20 INCOMING NON-EU STUDENTS:
Click here for Registration Information
Your Campus Account provides, access using a single user ID and password, to PC Suites, Email & Microsoft Office 365 Apps, WiFi, Blackboard, Library Systems, Online Registration, MyCampus, Exam Timetables and Exam Results.
Once you have registered , click on the CASS logo above to set up your Campus Account
If you are a past student of this University, please note that it is NUI Galway policy to retain your full student history under your first (or old) NUI Galway ID number. You will therefore be required to register using your existing NUI Galway student number (please do not register using your application number). There are, unfortunately, implications for your student account if you register under the wrong number; you can read these here .