The Apoptosis Symposium will take place at NUI, Galway on 20th August 2010.
NUI, Galway is approximately a 10 min walk from Galway city centre. It is near the cathedral which can be seen from many areas of the city and is circled on the map below. The walking route from the city centre is shown as a red line.
The meeting will take place in IT125 in the IT (Information Technology) building at NUI, Galway. Registration and poster presentations will take place in the atrium of the adjacent Orbsen building (both circled in red in the map below). A large interactive map of the college is available at http://www.nuigalway.ie/campus_map/ . Select the category “Buildings” then click on “IT” or “Orbsen”.
See http://www.goireland.com/galway/ for a wide range of accommodation choices which can be booked online.
There is pay and display parking available for visitors at various sites around the campus defined by blue lines and costs 1 euro/hour. Please note that some of these spaces have a 2 hour time limit.
Travelling to Galway
- By air
- By road
- By car taking M4 > M6 > N6 to West from Dublin
motorway with tolls
- Buses from Dublin and Dublin Airport with Citylink and Gobus
- Buses from Shannon Airport with Citylink and Bus Eireann
- By rail
- Regular trains from Dublin Heuston Station with Iarnrod Eireann (Irish Rail)
Galway City to University
- On foot from town
- By taxi
- Taxi drivers should know Orbsen Builing (NCBES) on Distillery Road (closest)
- All taxis will know the historic Quadrangle Building on University Road, 3 min walk