Relevant work experience is a key part of a hotel management degree. Studying at Shannon College provides you with two paid, professional internships with leading hotels in Ireland and worldwide before you graduate. This proves invaluable when you start looking for your dream job in the future.
Students earn academic credits for their work placements which are a compulsory element of the degree courses. Shannon College’s Placement Manager administers and monitors the work placement process. Partner hotel companies visit Shannon College to meet and interview students throughout the academic year.
The BBS and BComm feature comprehensive placements at operative and trainee management levels. The emphasis on practical training (in Year 1) combined with comprehensive placements is essential for the development of the students’ skills in leadership, teamwork, personal organisation and attention to detail; all of which are vital for their role as future hotel managers.
Work Placements at Shannon College are:
- mandatory (every student must complete work placements in order to progress to the next academic year and graduate)
- fully integrated into the degree programme
- allocated ECTS credits (academic credits)
- required to meet comprehensive learning outcomes
- located in one of our 100 hotel partners
- spread across 16 countries worldwide
- managed and co-ordinated by the Work Placement Office