Senior Administrator (Registrars Office)
4-Year Fixed Term Contract
This is a key administrative role within the College. The successful candidate will report to the College Registrar and provide a high degree of administrative support to the Registrar’s Office. He/she will oversee the management of the Office, and ensure the adequate administartive and secretarial support to the Office.
The post holder will be Responsible for;
- Overall supervision & management of the Registrar’s Office administrative staff within the Office.
- Liaising with College Registrar, Heads of Schools, College Offices, and NUI Galway as appropriate.
- The Co-ordination of Exam Results collation and submission of Exam Results.
- Liaising with departments re timetables, examinations, etc.
Under the supervsion and support of the Registrar:
- Oversee the Quality Assurance function of the Registrars Office
- Oversee the production of documentation emanating from the Registrars Department i.e. Assessment Regulations, Policies and Procedures, transcripts etc.
- Oversee all activities related to the Central Applications Office, student admissions, Garda Vetting.
- Oversee the organisation and compilation and prepare Reports/Statistics submissions to the College, NUI Galway, IT Sligo and other statutory agencies, as required.
- Oversee the Budgetary/Finance Matters relating to the Registrars Department in partnership,with the Presidents Office
- Co-ordination of College Conferring.
- Oversee all aspects relating to the College Student database
The above is not an exhaustive list of the general duties pertaining to the post of Senior Administrator – Registrar’s Office. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by the Registrar and/or College Management.
The successful candidate will possess some or all of the following qualifications, knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- Will hold a relevant third level qualification
- Experience of managing examination processes
- Supervisory experience is preferable
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience essential (including Outlook, Excel, Word and Access, Notepad ++, XML) and analytical skills in the management of data (ECDL qualification preferred)
- High level of commitment and a flexible approach to work
- An innovative approach to the development of good work practices
- An ability to handle multiple tasks and to work to strict deadlines
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Enthusiastic with excellent organisational and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Highly professional, presentable and personable.
Reporting will be to the Registrar
This is a 4 Year fixed term contract.
The salary will be the Secretary to the President Pay Scale (€31,384 - €52,369) at the appropriate point in line with current Government Pay Policy.
The post will be based at St. Angela's College, Lough Gill, Sligo and some assignments will require attendance at other sites.
Interested applicants should email a letter of application together with a Curriculum Vitae, including the names and addresses of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of information supplied. Canvassing will disqualify.
In light of COVID-19, it is more than likely that interviews for the above position will take place virtually.
However, should the interview panel require a candidate to attend for interview, the College regrets that it cannot refund any expenses incurred by candidates attending for interview.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Garda Vetting procedures.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 7th December 2021 at 4pm.
St. Angela's College, Sligo are an Equal Opportunities Employer.