Finanical support - grants, entrance scholarships, postgraduate scholarships, financial supports
See the financial supports that are available to you.
What are they?
Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) is the single awarding authority for all grant applications since 2012/13. All new 2013/14 entrants should apply to SUSI - applications are now open (May 2013).
SUSI is an "online application system" and is accessed at SUSI
Full updated list here.
Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships
Please see our Admissions Office website for up to date details on scholarships for 2013/14.
(1) Excellence Scholarships: There is no requirement on your part to apply for these. The Scholarship is awarded automatically once a student has registered at NUI Galway. The Scholarship is awarded automatically to qualifying registered students.
(2) James Massey Keegan Scholarship: For competition among Mayo students. There is no requirement on your part to apply for this. The Scholarship is awarded automatically to qualifying registered students.
(3) Roinn Oideachais Scholarships. Applications can be made directly to the Department of Education & Skills.
(4) Sports Scholarships - Applications can be made directly to the Sports Office, NUIG Galway.
(5) Helen M. Moran Scholarships.
NUI Galway awards a limited number of College scholarships to help postgraduate students who are proceeding full-time to a postgraduate degree (by research) at NUI Galway.
Contact the relevant College Office for details on fellowships in your area. Academic departments may also be able to offer other sources of funding for their courses.
Student Aid Fund: 2013/14
Students with financial difficulties are advised to contact our Student Services Office for advice on how to apply for financial support. Please note it is important that all fee accounts are paid when due. Reminders will normally be issued but it is the obligation of each student to ensure timely payment of fees. All registered students have live access to their fee accounts at all times.
Tax Relief on Tuition: 2013/14
For detail of tax relief on tuition see Revenue (Irish Tax & Customs).
Find a course
Fund your studies
Opening hours are as follows:
* Monday 10:00-12:30 hrs & 14:00 - 16:00 hrs
* Tuesday 10:00-12:30 hrs & 14:00 - 16:00 hrs
* Wednesday 10:00-12:30 hrs & 14:00 - 16:00 hrs
* Thursday 10:00-12:30 hrs & 14:00 - 16:00 hrs
* Friday 10:00-12:30 hrs & 14:00 - 16:00 hrs