The NUI Galway Accommodation Office are here to help you in your search for a place to live. We can help you find appropriate accommodation in Student Residences, flats, apartments or houses. We can also help if problems arise with property owners. Find out about our promise/guarantee to you here.
There are 9 Student Residences, one of which is located on Campus (Corrib Village). All others are within easy reach of the University.
- Book early (ie. mid February)
- Corrib Village
- (Houses, Apartments, Sharing with Owner)
Useful sources of information:
Map of Galway
Help / Resources:Threshold
Key Tips for Renting:
- Always view a property before paying a deposit
- Always bring a friend or parent with you when meeting a landlord
- Ensure you have a rental agreement
- Always read and understand the Rental Agreement before signing.
- Always get a receipt for the deposit paid and rent in advance
- Always make a list of furniture and applicances with the landlord. Damage or loss of property is a regular reason for losing a deposit.
- If there are any outstanding repairs, ask the landlord to state in writing that they will be repaired - take photos if necessary.