Why use the Career Development Centre?
The Career Development Centre helps students of NUI Galway to manage your own career plans by providing a wide range of support services.
A University qualification is a significant launch pad in building a successful career. The Career Development Centre offers you services and facilities to help you begin the process of managing your career and upgrading your portfolio of skills, experience, and qualifications.
Who can use our services?
The full range of our services is available to:
- Current undergraduate students
- Current postgraduate students
- NUI Galway Access student
Appointments are limited to outside term for graduates (up to 3 years after graduation).Career Development Centre support and resources available to NUI Galway students include:
- Information on options with your degree
- Appointments - which can be booked on www.nuigalway.ie/careers/ through Careers Connect
- Seminars on various career areas
- Postgraduate information and events
- Information and courses on CV preparation and interview techniques
- Internet and specialised career-related software
- Psychometric testing
- Presentations by companies and information on employers
- Annual fairs on campus such as the Graduate Jobs Fair, and Volunteering Fair
For more details please click here
NUI Galway's Placement Office liaises with business and industry to arrange placements for undergraduate and postgraduate students who want work experience relevant to their studies.
The undergraduate Professional Experience Programme (PEP) and postgraduate Graduate Experience Programme (GEP) give students a practical appreciation and understanding of the needs and operations of business and improves their employment prospects after graduation.
Alumni Office and Alumni Association
The Alumni Office acts on behalf of NUI Galway and its Alumni Association. It offers NUI Galway's 65,000 graduates the opportunity to maintain and grow their network of relationships with fellow graduates, at home and abroad, through regular communications and events.
Find out more
Career Development Centre
E on-line contact form
T 353 (0)91 493589
Access to careers information is available without appointment:
Monday to Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 11am - 5pm
T 353 (0)91 493646 or
T 353 (0)91 493750