Conference, Event & Meeting Facilities
NUI Galway boasts a wide range of conference and meeting facilities. The University's established, multi-purpose venue, the Bailey Allen Hall, is located within a 5-minute walk of the city centre and can cater for events such as conferences, exhibitions, concerts and gala dinners. One of the striking features of this facility is the walnut-panelled walls which also boast some original art by Patrick Scott.
- The venue, with seating for in excess of 1,000 delegates theatre-style, can also be subdivided into 3 independent soundproof venues, all with blackout facilities, state-of-the-art AV specifications and mobile staging to allow for multi-purpose set-ups.
- The dimensions of the hall are 39.8m X 20m X 7.4m high, with an adjoining glazed foyer of 52.9 X 8.4m to accommodate receptions and circulation areas.
- Gala dinners for up to 500 can be catered for by professional catering companies.
- There are also a number of breakout rooms
The University already has a well-established tradition of hosting international conferences on its 260 acre parkland campus. In addition to the Bailey Allen Hall, there is also a choice of over 100 other venues within the University.
Specifications of Bailey Allen Hall:
NUI Galway boasts a wide range of facilities perfectly equipped for meetings, such as:
- A choice of over 15 tiered lecture theatres to accommodate from 70 to 360 delegates
- A range of boardrooms and classrooms to accommodate from 5 to 100 delegates
- Extensive exhibition space adjacent to lecture theatres
- State-of-the-art audio visual/computer equipment with on-site technical support
- Fully equipped computer suites