Organising a Conference
Are you interested in becoming a conference ambassador? Conference Ambassadors are members of international associations and socieites who can influence their colleagues to host their next conference in Galway.
How to Become a Conference Ambassador
- Are you a member of an international association?
- Do your international colleagues organise conferences or meetings?
- Could you influence which host country is chosen for this meeting?
- Are you interested in bringing that conference to Galway?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those questions, please contact the Commercial Services Office, NUI Galway for support in making this happen. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +353 91 492264.
Benefits of Becoming a Conference Ambassador
- Recognition from your professional colleagues
- Increased profile of the University/Association and Organisation
- Enhanced reputation in your area of expertise
- Increased networking opportunities and worldwide links
Organising a Conference - Where to Start
Organising a conference can seem like a daunting task but we at the Commercial Services Office are here to help you as you plan your event. The following are some documents that may assist with your planning and we are also available to meet with you to offer support and advice if you plan to host an event at NUI Galway. Please refer to our Conference Organiser Manual which outlines the various steps involved.
What support is provided?
Simply click to view an outline of Services Provided by the Commercial Services Office.
What is a conference bid document?
Click here to view a sample Conference Bid Document.
What should I be doing as the conference date approaches?
View our Conference Checklist.
How do I manage the financial side of the conference?
View our Budget Templates.
Where could I look for sponsorship?
Please refer to our Financial Support information.
For further advice or information, please do not hesitate to contact us.