Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Current Marketing Students
Course Outlines at Undergraduate Level
- Introduction To Marketing [MK 101]; Semester 2; Compulsory; 5 ECTs Marketing - Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing In Action [MK 207]; Semester 1; Compulsory; 5 ECTs Marketing - Action Marketing
- Marketing Principles [MK 204]; Semester 1; Compulsory; 5 ECTs Marketing - Marketing Principles
- Consumer Behaviour [MK 206]; Semester 2; Elective; 5 ECTs Marketing - Consumer Behaviour
- Brand Management [MK 341]; Semester 2; Elective; 5 ECTs Marketing - Branding
- Marketing Research [MK 301]; Semester 1; Elective; 10 ECTS Marketing - Marketing Research
- eMarketing [MK 340]; Semester 1; Elective; 5 ECTS Marketing - emarketing
- The Marketing Of Services [MK311]; Semester 1; Elective; 5 ECTS Marketing - MK311
- Marketing Policy & Strategy [MK 312]; Semester 2; Elective; 10 ECTsMarketing - Strategy
- Global Marketing [MK 303]; Semester 2; Elective; 5 ECTs Marketing - International Marketing
- Media & Marketing Communications [MK 314]; Semester 1; Elective; 5 ECTs Marketing - Media and Marketing Communications
- Social & Non-Profit Marketing [MK316]; Semester 2; Elective; 5 ECTs Marketing - Social and non profit
The Bachelor of Commerce Degree is offered on a part-time basis over four years by Blended Learning. A University Diploma in Management will be awarded at the end of Second Year to those registered who have passed the examinations in the subjects of the First and Second Years of that programme. Marketing is taught in the degree programme as follows: Year Two: Marketing Principles [MK220], 5 ECTs; Year Three: Services Marketing [MK 320.3], 5 ECTs; Marketing Research [MK330.3], 10 ECTs and Year 4: Marketing Policy [MK402], 5 ECTs; Marketing Management [MK440.4], 10 ECTs; Marketing Communications[MK 441.1], 5 ECTs. Please see www.nuigalway.ie/courses/bcomm_parttime/ for further information.
Courses at Postgraduate Level
As Marketing is one of the specialist streams in the MSc. (Strategic Marketing), there is an opportunity for students to specialise in Marketing through a full-time taught programme, by research or by a part-time M.B.S. Programme.
The following list outlines the Marketing subjects on offer to MSc (Strategic Marketing) students. Students are offered six subjects each semester from the list below:
- Strategic Marketing Policy [MK 561] MSc Strategic Marketing - Strategic Marketing Policy
- E-Business Marketing [MK 569] MSc Strategic Marketing - eBusiness Marketing
- Research Methods [MK 563] MSc Strategic Marketing - Research Methods
- Advanced Consumer Behaviour [MK 564] MSc Strategic Marketing - Advanced Consumer Behaviour
- Services Marketing Theory [MK 567] MSc Strategic Marketing - Services Marketing
- Selling & Sales Management [MK 568] MSc Strategic Marketing - Selling and Sales Management
- New Product Development & Innovation [MK 570] MSc Strategic Marketing - NPD
- Special Topics In Marketing [MK 571]
- Cases in Strategic Marketing [MK562]
- Strategic Brand Management [MK 566]
- Applied Marketing Research [MK 562] MSc Strategic Marketing - Applied Marketing Research
- Managing Services [MK 572] MSc Strategic Marketing - Applied Services Marketing
- Marketing Modelling & Metrics [MK 573]
- Customer Service & Relationship Management [MK 574]
- Global Marketing [MK 575] MSc Strategic Marketing - Customer Relationship Management
- Social Marketing [MK 576] MSc Strategic Marketing - Social and Non Profit Marketing
- Students must complete a Research Project [MK 518] under the supervision of staff members.
- Skills Development Module (Compulsory)